What the game need is more challange from AI teams on transfers

It's been always easy in FM to build up a squad of young talents for a mid table team and start winning everything in a few years into the game, and then keep winning. Gets very boring too quick.

SI, why don't you focus on making AI managers and scouts go for young talents as much as a human player does? Unless this will be achieved, this game will keep feeling like a childs game.

Only played 2 seasons with Leeds, and my team is loaded with almost the best players in 17-19 age group. Whenever I discover a new one in a random team, I see absolutely no challenge from AI controlled teams to get the kid, instead they keep playing with their aging stars, and sooner or later it becomes to easy to beat them.

Please make the game more challenging!!

I dont think its too easy to get transfers, I play in the lower leagues with hardly any transfer budgets and I can hardly get any good signings, obviously if you go someone like man city and offer big $$$$ for players then the offers will be accepted.

Rangers 2015

Just added up my first teams total value...

£198m with 26 players.

Half of them being players ive gone out and scouted as youngsters.

I love it though.... and making it impossible for all but the top 4 EPL teams to buy young stars would be incredibly boring.

I'm not saying it should be made impossible, but to make the game more fun and challenging, AND MORE REALISTIC as SI claims it to be, the transfer market should be realistic too. So, when there is a 18 year old wonderkid, the big teams controlled by AI should be aware of his existence, and be interested in signing him too! If you can still sign him, because you offer him more money, or because you improved the reputation of your team over the years, now that's fun. But now it is just too easy and too unrealistic.

In my opinion there are 2 things that SI should do to make this game more fun.

1- Point mentioned above.

2- Making the tactics less important. It feels sometimes ridiculous trying to modify the sliders in a way that works best in that particular version of FM. All FM games favour some particular tactics of their own, and tweaking your tactics in the game is all about finding the right tactic that the game engine favours. The importance of the tactic should be reduced, and the importance of the player quality should be increased.

Archived