Players that dont use any Utilities such as Genie scout

Do any of you guys use the in game search engine only as a default?

How long do you spend randomly looking around the globe to find gems that would never be found by scout or seasrch engine?

from my own tests im spending like 10 hours a season just looking about for players and staff etc, some times it is frustrating to have to do it but i feel if every player and staff was available for search, it would make finding the best players very easy making the game easy..

I use my scouts to normally scout the league i'm in. Also scouting the oppositions means i learn all about the players personality and stats for that league in time for the first transfer window.

Other than that if i can i'll scout the league below for players and if i'm at a succesful club then the league/level above.

That way if my scouts know about them so do I.

Only other thing i do is have the search function setup to show players that are unattached or contracts expiring. Apparently in real life there is a player database that allows you to search for players like this along with what position, age, nationality they are.

I do spend my time, lots of it looking for 'Real gems' I never use Genie Scout or other tools, I even ignore players mention on here. As in my game it is often different to other users experiances on here.

However the battle is keeping the Gems is a hard fought one by me. Using a tool to aid nope a big fat NO from me. Where is the fun and pleasure in that :s

i never normally load in any division lower than the top one across Europe, im running a test at the mometn to see how long thing's take to process etc.

i desided to load the top 10 football nations across the world which i beleiv eto be Argentina, Brazil, England, Holland, Italy, Spain, France, Germany, Scotland and one other i cant remember..

Any way i desided to load all top dividions and 2nd, they say the best football players are in england!! Hmmm!! if you laod these leagues up and look around them, there are some excellent players in the lower division's. as i manage in the Championship i just wish i had a large transfer budget cos i could build a excellent team from forign players..

The trouble with players that use genie scout and other similar programs is they will search for youngsters with a high PA. The thing is a player can become extremely good even with a PA lower than the player searches for.

I tend to send my scouts to the youth leagues of any active leagues that are loaded eventually they always turn out some really good youth players.

Finding your own players is half the fun !! although tbh I have used the odd tip from here or a mate,,, and im sure that happens IRL too, its no different than listening to a scout or hearing of someone on TV or a footie mag tbf. But I wouldnt ever use a scouting program. Whats the point ??

I only use myself, the scouts and the game search tool.

I also play an online game,, soccer manager, and hear of lots of real life players on that forum.

For that game I use stat websites like the Guardian and ESPN etc,and do my own scouting. So I get to know of a lot of real life up and commers that way,,its fun seeing if they are any good on this game. But will still sign good regens too when i come across them ,, lol

I spend my off seasons and actually much of the season searching the globe for players. A lot of the time it's my opposition or just searching through the teams in the top flights I have loaded on my games.

I've just found a bloke called Elvis, seems a good enough left-footed left winger, he's mine!

Oktay Kok I had to face recently in the Champions League, looks impressive, he's in!

There was this kid I found in the PSG youth side, very good attributes in the air at the age of 15... Signed him up for *cough* a shade under £7 million pounds! But hey, he's got 5 Champions League goals this season and only turned 18 this month on the game. So far he's played 18 for 2 goals, 17 for 4 and this season 15 for 6, so he's coming along slowly. Most of the appearances are late subs by the way. Still, he better become really damn special or I'll look a right ****!

I find the transfer windows the best...

That and seeing my new players shine, or young players come of age.

My current player coming of age is a 21 year old spanaird I signed at 17. I signed him along with another 4 odd players... They all failed, but I can probably get £7-10 mil for each of them. He has this season gotten 19 goals, 14 in the Premier League and 5 in the League Cup as of January 1st. This kid is class!

Archived