Being Arsene Wenger

I think it would be cool if you could take over any manager , so that means you take on there personality, there favoured staff, there reputation etc

The main reason I would like this option is because then you can create yourself in the database and add your favourite players, staff and you can add yourself to other peoples favoured staff

Does anyone else think this is a decent idea?

It's an idea I've heard before and it's something I would never use. They could give me Wenger's name and history and personality etc, but I would still be me. I wouldn't have Wenger's brain in my head and, therefore, everything I did in game would be done based on my own personality and approach, rather than Wenger's. I could attempt to imitate what I perceive to be Wenger's approach, but that's not close enough for me.

I'd rather find this option pointless to be honest, I just don't see the point, sure there'll be a slight reputation boost at the beginning, but if your being 'The Professor' then I'm guessing you'll be managing Arsenal anyway, so your reputation will shoot right up quickly anyway.

However, what I would like, and what I imagine I'd find much more useful, is the option to set your management history, similar to the past experiences selection, you could choose, youth leagues, lower leagues, or plot a specific management path after your playing days(Which I also wish had a feature like this, but that's not for this thread) which the game would take into account and change club/manager histories to include your past management exploits.

Think everyone has taken to being Arsene Wenger to much, he was just an example didnt know what else to call the thread! I was going to put Ferguson but as a Leeds fans thought better of it and went for the next most famous manager!!!!!

I'm thinking more along the lines of what jaydub is thinking as in having more of a history maybe not a managing history but a playing history, as in the clubs you've played for and then this can be used in the press conferences i.e "how does it feel to be coming up against the team where you enjoyed your most success as a player" etc

I'd also like to add the ability to have favoured staff and other staff have you as favoured staff because when someone retires they have connections within the football world that help them get along i.e there able to get good experienced coaches because they've already worked with them as players

I think these would be nice little touches and shouldnt be to hard to implement at the start of the game so it's just like adding your favoured club. You could have the option to choose 5 people and the 5 you choose then have you as favoured personal as well, and if you dont like this feature you can choose to ignore it just like with the favoured club option

I hope that all made sense :)

Archived