SI should copy Guardian Chalkboards

The Guardian have just launched something called Chalkboards on their website that lets you analyse the performance of individual players in premier league matches.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/chalkboards/create

It would be awesome to have something like this in FM. I am constantly frustrated by the lack of decent stats. I can see how many times a player has given away possession, but I can't tell how he gave away possession without watching the full match. I want to know if he is attempting long balls, or if he is giving it away in the final third.

This would be a better new feature than more pointless media interaction. It would also help people who are having trouble with tactics a lot better than the hopeless ass man feedback.

I never really liked ProZone in CM, but having just played around with the Guradian tool, looking at Pompey's demise over the last year, it provides quite a lot of insight about the quality of players and the type of passes made. In fact it tell's you much more than match ratings and form does - in this particular case the difficulty of pass attempted versus the possession.

I think this could be a really valuable addition to FM.

First time I have seen this and absolutely fascinating, thanks for pointing it out.

Just looked at United's match against West Brom and the remarkable amount of times their full backs are on the ball.

And just how mobile Berbatov really is!

Cheers, it would be great on FM10.

Be interesting to see what SI thought, but the last thing they are likely to do if even contemplating it is share it publicly.

Be a fantastic addition for those of us with patience. Perhaps not the way to go for all the whiners who crave immediate domination and instant victory with no injuries and disabled opposition keepers tho. ;-)

Archived