Real Madrid vs Man Utd

Ok well this isn't your typical vs post. This is about the playing personel (or players as we peons call them).

Ok so i looked up a few of my old games to verify this after noticing a large number of the man utd players were really old, past it, and quite frankly not playing, the same can equally go for liverpool here btw. Oddly enough chelsea and arsenal not so much. But anyway to my point....

I had noticed that Man utd had bought only 3 people in 8 seasons in my game. 3 people. Yes 3. They never got rid of scholes and other old guard players but instead kept them on untill 40 years old. Never replaced them.

I looked around the league to see if this happened to any other team quite as bad, turns out only liverpool had it quite as bad. Neither of them went bust in my game either.

On the other end of the spectrum i looked at real madrid and barcelona. Not only was their team almost wholly new except for the obvious un replaceable players they had fantastic regens bought at high prices to cover their ailing squad age and bring it back down under 35 on average :p

What gives with these 2 teams? There may be more but it is directly more noticable in these 2. I do know this has been mentioned before but a comparison between these 2 and other such clubs in a similar standing has not been made. Is it club specific AI bug?

I think the huge debt of Man Utd has something to do with it. They may be reluctant to buy because the game isn't fully capable of dealing with a debt of that size. Though the finances (when playing with Man Utd) seem stable, it could well result in problems like the one you mention.

No idea with Liverpool though

Both Liverpool and Man U have big debts in the game, and if they don't win some trophies to get some prize money, they won't have enough to spend on a player that matches their ambitions.

For example, in my current L'Pool game, I have to get by with 1 big name signing per season, while investing the rest of the money in youngsters to sell for profit.

I'm moderately successful, I have 2 consecutive League titles and going, but never got past quarter finals in any Cup.

This gives me a Transfer Budget of 30 Mil euros / year.

This meant that Aguero for 50 mil had to be financed with other players leaving the club.

Try a game of 2-3 seasons with either of these 2 and not win anything and not sell anyone, and them tell me if I'm wrong.

i have seen other users say that they see liverpool go bust quite often. I have never seen it on any of my games however. But surely these teams are bugged in the transfer department. No way should they let their squad go like that. It's like marrying beyonce knowles then watching her turn into dame edna a few years later.

Archived