What the? Thaksin what are you doing?!

I just had Thaksin Shinawatra interfere in my transfer dealings for the first time... The year is 2014 and my Man City side are loaded, we dont need the money.

So it bewildered me when he just accepted a £12.5m bid for Toni Kroos from Barcelona, where as he will stay out of deals like £60m structured bids for Saivet...

I can't think of any logical reason why he would have done this as I am pretty sure I could have got at least double with a sell-on clause. I'm pretty ****ed off.

Rant over icon_razz.gif...

I just had Thaksin Shinawatra interfere in my transfer dealings for the first time... The year is 2014 and my Man City side are loaded, we dont need the money.

So it bewildered me when he just accepted a £12.5m bid for Toni Kroos from Barcelona, where as he will stay out of deals like £60m structured bids for Saivet...

I can't think of any logical reason why he would have done this as I am pretty sure I could have got at least double with a sell-on clause. I'm pretty ****ed off.

Rant over icon_razz.gif...

Dunno mate but it's really annoying.

I was thinking maybe it was because I got Toni on a free years ago and that such a profit is too good to turn down but if that was the case, he wouldn't let me negotiate £15m bids for Pichu Atienza who I also got for free.

This bug is worse if your managing in the lower leagues.

Try having your club's chairman accepting a bid for your best player over your head, not to mention the transfer money being offered by the club is ridiculously cheap and on top of that, you're club is strapped for cash, no transfer kitty, and your in a tight relegation battle with 3 other teams.

Your only option? Call it quits and resign, or face the impossible and try staying up with players playing out of their natural position and you're only place to look for a replacement is to look at the local free agents.

The p**** has just done it again with Pichu Atienza... Offing him to Valencia for £17m, I did NOT want him to leave.

He's never interfered in my time at the club and that's twice now in 2 weeks. I mean, I sold Menez for £35m, Saivet for £60m(structured) and we already had a £200m balance, what's he bloody playing at!

Does it have to do with player's Squad statu? If he is valued 4 Million pounds and team offer you 11 million pounds when he has squad statue as either "bacp up" or "used squad rotation" then it is too good to turn down.

But I have to say it is very very annonying. In my Newcastle United save the **** chairman accepted 27 million pounds for Guilherme (AMC) when I paid 15 M pounds a year ago and he thought it was too good to turn down. **** absolutely. And off all people to Spuds. I had rejected 25M pounds from Chelsea, Man U , Inter, RM, and Arsenal.

I agree, we should have altumait.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by The Chosen One:

Does it have to do with player's Squad statu? If he is valued 4 Million pounds and team offer you 11 million pounds when he has squad statue as either "bacp up" or "used squad rotation" then it is too good to turn down.

But I have to say it is very very annonying. In my Newcastle United save the **** chairman accepted 27 million pounds for Guilherme (AMC) when I paid 15 M pounds a year ago and he thought it was too good to turn down. **** absolutely. And off all people to Spuds. I had rejected 25M pounds from Chelsea, Man U , Inter, RM, and Arsenal.

I agree, we should have ultimatum. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by The Chosen One:

I agree, we should have altumait. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well Pichu was Hot Prospect, Kroos was backup, but Lulinha is also backup but bids have came in for him and Thaksin hasn't interfered- yet...

It's just very annoying because I have been planning my team for years, and whereas Kroos was expendable, Pichu wasn't.

lol I just done 1 over on Thaksin.

After he accepted the bid for Pichu from Velancia, I offered him to clubs at the deal which I thought was more what I would want. Juve, Madrid and Chelsea matched it and he has chosen Chelsea over Valencia, but I now have the option to cancel the deal!

The offer is £2.4m up front +30£ sell-on, £10m over 24months and £20m when he plays for Spain. Now, whether to accept or not....

My board accepted 17 million euro bid for my defender which I wanted to keep for long term future. I bought him 12 million early in the season. I was so disappointed because the board ruined my plan for the team.

i played as man ciy in my first fm 08 i though ok team will have low expectations. nope wen there and he wants to challenge for the title, get sacked for finishing 9th, gutted.

the guy is an idiot, not a clue about football, he will make his manager buy a load of aging stars and not think at all about the future, then whens hes bored in 5 years he will sell the club and it wil be in ruins.

When the chairman accepts a bid for a player that you don't want to leave then offer that player a new contract straight away. If he's happy at your club he'll most likely sign a new deal with you and therefore reject the move to the bidding club.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by chopper99:

When the chairman accepts a bid for a player that you don't want to leave then offer that player a new contract straight away. If he's happy at your club he'll most likely sign a new deal with you and therefore reject the move to the bidding club. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Or offer him for £0 to a load of other clubs. If he accepts Chelski or Madrid etc, cancel the transfer at the last minute. The other club rarely comes back in and the player is only annoyed with you for a week or so.

Reminds me of a similar problem with Abramovich, though not because he was selling all my players.

I had an awesome squad, £50mil in the bank and had just won everything so didn't need any new players. Big Rom didn't agree with me however and got increasingly frustrated at me for 'not taking his advice to bring in some big name signings' until just before deadline day at the end of august when he decided to go buy a player for me. And guess who he bought for £18mil.....

Pascal Chimbonda!!!! Bet that one increased the shirt sales.....

Dumped him straight in the reserves and mutually terminated his contract for nothing in january icon_smile.gif

With regards to the story posted above;

an official statement from WWW.MCFC.CO.UK;

Manchester City slam allegations regarding the Chairman 16/05/2008 11:55

The Club have taken the unusual step today to issue a statement regarding reports in some of this morning’s national newspapers.

The stories suggested that our Chairman, Dr Thaksin Shinawatra, has put the entire first team squad up for sale and has written a critical letter to all the players regarding their performances this season.

Dr Thaksin exclusively told mcfc.co.uk “There is absolutely no truth to this story or any of the allegations. I appreciate the progress and performance of the whole squad, managed by Sven-Goran Eriksson, this season.â€

Dr Thaksin also confirmed that other claims in the story of Deputy Chairman John Wardle apologising to players for selling the club were also without any foundation.

Last night Dr Thaksin dined with Sven together with the City players and staff at sponsor Singha Beer’s dinner to promote the game with the Thai All Star team in Bangkok on Saturday

Manchester City spokesman Paul Tyrrell said, “We are currently taking legal advice regarding these news reports and will pursue those who continue to run or repeat this false story and its allegations without the Chairman’s rebuttal.â€

Tim Oscroft

I actually did a little AI experiment on this. I went into the editor, signed over Iker Casillas to Torquay to see what offers I would get and what my chairman would do. Sevilla offered £1mil and my chairman accepted over my head. The day after Milan offered £12mil, he accepted again, but Casillas chose Sevilla. Well done chairman, you just lost yourself a whopping £11mil.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Why would the chairman then interfere? Is this a bug in the game? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Have you never tried altering the chairmans stats so he interferes less?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by trekman:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Why would the chairman then interfere? Is this a bug in the game? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Have you never tried altering the chairmans stats so he interferes less? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It only works to a certain extent. You can't eliminate it from the game and you shouldn't be able to. It just needs to be more realistic. EG, if you are allowed to reject a £30m bid from Barce, how come he accepts a £10m bid from Fiorentina a week later?

Perhaps a simple formula: if a club bids 10 times more than your player is worth THEN he can sell over your head.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by backpackant:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by trekman:

Have you never tried altering the chairmans stats so he interferes less? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It only works to a certain extent. You can't eliminate it from the game and you shouldn't be able to. It just needs to be more realistic. EG, if you are allowed to reject a £30m bid from Barce, how come he accepts a £10m bid from Fiorentina a week later?

Perhaps a simple formula: if a club bids 10 times more than your player is worth THEN he can sell over your head. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree with what you said.

They should also code in how it works with squad status' too. Maybe the chairman can ask you how highly you rate the player(if it's a youngster), or how important the player is before he starts accepting bids over you.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">They should also code in how it works with squad status' too. Maybe the chairman can ask you how highly you rate the player(if it's a youngster), or how important the player is before he starts accepting bids over you. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And you should be allowed to tell him "hands off" certain players. Not all of them, but your stars and up and comers.

i have only ever had a chairman bid accepted for a player once as arsenal manager, which is inkeeping with the boards hands-off approach to the manager and team affairs, so for me seems rather realistic

im managing in the northern irish 2nd division at psni and all my players are worth 0K. my chairman accepted a 0K offer over my head for one of my better players cos it was too good to refuse. hes only on £25 per week so it wasnt as if he was bleeding the club dry in wages. never mind. onwards and upwards

Archived