Manchester City - Bankrupt?

Ok, I'm Manchester City, and I'm not bankrupt. But I have a question to do with Bankrupcy...

If my bank balance turns to 0, what happens? Because my Owner keeps on giving me money to spend in the Transfer Window, and he's almost giving me £0. *Slight Exaggeration* But I am spending a lot, and I'm slightly worried...

Cityworryingtimes.png

As you can see, it's still quite high. But every time I earn money, he's giving me more and more.

I got £3M for making the group stages, and he gave me an extra £18M, which I didn't need. I still had £70M for transfer money, but he's giving me more, when I don't need/want it.

So, will he stop, or will it keep going down?

What skin is that mate - and it is your balance you need to watch out for - don't take any notice of your transfer budget.

I don't care about my budget.

I'm saying that he keeps increasing my budget, which is making my balance fall... It's dropped over £30M in 3 weeks...

It's Steklo, with a Brushed Metal Background.

Download it and go to preferences to find it. Change it to Brushed Metal. ;)

Yeah that is a nice skin.

Just buy the players you want or need and leave the rest of the transfer bidget.

There's nothing to be worried about, you are managing Man City and they will continue to pump money into the club.

1000th post *mini party* :D

Yeah that is a nice skin.

Just buy the players you want or need and leave the rest of the transfer bidget.

There's nothing to be worried about, you are managing Man City and they will continue to pump money into the club.

I've bought all of the players I wanted though. I have bought one player in the past week, and he only cost me £24M. There was no need for me to get more money.

He keeps on giving me money, even if I'm not spending any...

Perhaps I'm making a mountain out of a molehill, but the owner is being a muppet.

EDIT: Skin

http://www.sortitoutsi.net/2009/graphics/downloads/259/Steklo%20%2709%20V1.1

Remember to go to your preferences, and change the background, though.

Must just be funds that you dont need, so he's adding them to your transfer budget. Nothing to worry about, but if your balance gets close to £0, maybe then you should think about what your doing.

That's my point - I'm not doing anything. He just keeps giving me money.

well, when i said that, i wasn't blaming you for your balance going down, i just meant, maybe you should think about what your doing, when it gets close to £0, to try and stear clear of going into the red. But im sure its nothing to worry about.

Shame for you that there doesn't seem to be anything you can spend the money on, ask him to improve training, youth or stadium, maybe he'll out money into them rather than your transfer kitty.

well, when i said that, i wasn't blaming you for your balance going down, i just meant, maybe you should think about what your doing, when it gets close to £0, to try and stear clear of going into the red. But im sure its nothing to worry about.

Shame for you that there doesn't seem to be anything you can spend the money on, ask him to improve training, youth or stadium, maybe he'll out money into them rather than your transfer kitty.

Maybe, God knows.

He's already improving the stadium. He done it without me asking, which was good. I was going to ask anyway, but he declared it himself.

I'll improve normal training, and if it takes it from my budget, then I'll do Youth as well. The youth is already good, so it needs it less.

Remove the sugar daddy edt from program files\sportsinteractive\data\db\900 edt and your chairman will no longer throw obscene amounts of money at you. You'll have to restart for this to work though unless you can use an in game editor like fmm.

If your using an edited database then you'll probably find this edt file in the documents\sports interactive folder somewhere.

It was said above - just because he gives you money in your transfer budget doesn't mean it comes out of your balance, so if you don't spend it you have nothing to worry about.

Exactly its a budget. An estimated figure for you to work with. The amount of money he is willing to give you to spend. So when he increases the budget thats just an indication of how much he is willing to give you to buy players. The balance will only go down when you actually spend some of the budget.

The reason your balance may be falling could be due to previous purchases for instance ones over a period of time. So the monthly amount owing is being taken out of your balance but you are not bringing in enough funds to cover that.

There shouldnt be much to worry about as Man City have been set up to have a sugar daddy, so when the balance reaches a certain amount the chairman will just inject more funds. (Shown in a message in your inbox).

Why does my Balance keep dropping then?

I suppose it could be to do with a Stadium Expansion?

But it's dropped over £100M, and it's only being expanded by 4k...

Also, Man City aren't Sugar Daddies.

I checked last week, it's only Hoffenheim with that setup.

If you've lost £30 million in a week, then it's down to ridiculous wages you are paying, and nothing to do with a budget, just because he adds £70 million to your budget, that has naff all to do with your actual balance unless you spend it that is, if as you say you are not, then you're paying too much in other areas.

But being Man City that is not a problem, he will just chuck money at you time and time again!

Your wage bill is 1.5m a week, that's a large amount to cover with ticket sales etc each month. I aim to be in the position that my gate receipts each month cancel out the wage bill. And my 60,000 capacity stadium only allows me to carry off a 600k a week expenditure. So most of your losses are, no doubt in wages & bonuses. Sometimes if you have a team on high bonuses, a win by 3 or 4 goals can cost you 200 - 300k if not more.

Why does my Balance keep dropping then?

I suppose it could be to do with a Stadium Expansion?

But it's dropped over £100M, and it's only being expanded by 4k...

Also, Man City aren't Sugar Daddies.

I checked last week, it's only Hoffenheim with that setup.

Have you tried looking at the balance sheet under finances, you know the one that shows income and expenditure

Thanks for the quick reply, I have just taken over so it say's it ain't my fault and all. I'm 719k in debt, how much do you need to go before you go in to administration? We also have a 15.25m loan debt. :(.. Also is there a feature that when you have enough earnings you can buy a club? That would be really good.

Im Man City, just about the start 4th season.

Last year i won the Premiership, League Cup & Champions League, I've noticed over last year/two years the chairman has stopped pumping loads of money in and every month or two ends up putting stupid amounts in like £200k.

I really dont see the point in this, what makes it more annoying is the fact that it says 'Envious eyes were cast at Man City again today as their free-spending chairman pumps £200k into the clubs coffers'

Wow.

Im Man City, just about the start 4th season.

Last year i won the Premiership, League Cup & Champions League, I've noticed over last year/two years the chairman has stopped pumping loads of money in and every month or two ends up putting stupid amounts in like £200k.

I really dont see the point in this, what makes it more annoying is the fact that it says 'Envious eyes were cast at Man City again today as their free-spending chairman pumps £200k into the clubs coffers'

Wow.

Wouldn't it be better if rich Chairmen would begin to think about their spending when they have been at a club for a while, for example, Abramovich and Kenyon's plans to make Chelsea financially stable without the Russian's billions being put into the club. I think it would make it more realistic if Man City's owners were to say "after years of eccentric spending, we have decided to limit future transfer budgets due to the huga amounts already injected into the club" etc etc

Wouldn't it be better if rich Chairmen would begin to think about their spending when they have been at a club for a while, for example, Abramovich and Kenyon's plans to make Chelsea financially stable without the Russian's billions being put into the club. I think it would make it more realistic if Man City's owners were to say "after years of eccentric spending, we have decided to limit future transfer budgets due to the huga amounts already injected into the club" etc etc

Yeah i agree.

I think thats what is happening to me (Kind of).

But I just think its daft that at end of every month (or two) they are injecting these silly amounts into the club for no apparent reason because we're not losing money, infact we are gaining a lot of cash from Champions League revenue and from winning the league.

Bank Balance £73m.

You were talking about Red Bank Balances?

Big Wages Bills?

Ha.

Check my new balance out...

DEBTDEBTDEBTDEBTDEBTDEBT.png

Might I also add, my wages are within my wage budget, so there should be no problems...

Ah, well... I don't care. They'll sort it out.

I'm still in need of a good LW, so I'll be using more money... =\

EDIT: Without selling any players, I'm getting £7M from Gate Receipts, TV Revenue etc.

Without buying any players, my Expenditure is around £11M, so this is probably my problem...

I still believe that Transfer Budgets are linked to Balance. I had 56M, bought a 2 players for a combined 46M, and it dropped, within the space of a week - the week was International Duty, btw.

Oh, also, of my Expenditure, £7M was Signing on Fees - which don't continue, obviously...

WTF is happening here?

EDIT: He's just injected 43.5M into my Balance. YAY!

Looks like I'm going to be fine.

I don't have a replacement RB though. Rafinha's work-permit got rejected. =\

Thanks for the quick reply, I have just taken over so it say's it ain't my fault and all. I'm 719k in debt, how much do you need to go before you go in to administration? We also have a 15.25m loan debt. :(.. Also is there a feature that when you have enough earnings you can buy a club? That would be really good.

First part: there's no set amount when admin kicks in - you're priority will be to get the debt down by reducing the wage bill and perhaps get some transfer fees for players. The loan is down to the board.

Second part: nah - this is Football Manager, not Football Club Owner :thdn:

JDowie, dont give players sign on fees, that £7mil wasted, its very unlikely that they will turn down an offer due to the sign on fee, I even think its cosmetic. Im in 2013 and have never given players sign on fees and had no troubles.

Secondly, remember thats £1.68mil a week that going down the drain on wages alone. Becareful how much you give to players, dont just buy players cause you can. Most clubs wont be giving a backup player £70,000 a week so see if you can bring it down a bit. For a key player, obviously you want to sign him but just be careful with 'Yearly % wage increase', this can kill you.

Being with Man City though you dont need to do anything I have just said, they have a sugar daddy (not in the editor, but in a data file) so as you experienced there will be cash injections when you get to the red. Normally you shouldnt have got to the red, my club got taken over and my chairman doesnt let the balance reach below £40mil.

Archived