Scared to buy FM 2009

Hello guys

I own a quite old Macbook, which runs under OS Tiger and has the following specs;

2ghz processor

1gb ram

Intel GMA 950 (graphics)

When I tried the demo I was never able to get into a match, the only message I got was "Loading game..." This has hold me back from actually buying the game, thinking my computer wasn't strong enough to handle the game. I've considered downloading the full game just to try and run it and then buy it if it was successful but I still don't want to be a part of piracy.

What you reckon I should do?

he hasnt really done anything wrong, he admits thinking about it, but hasnt done it. your not guilty of a crime unless you commit it, and i understand where he is coming from, its not nice buying games that wont work on your computers, i should know, i have a shelf full of them lol about 200 quid down the drain

It was still not a good idea saying it though. A mod could see that a different way.

well by saying it, several people have told him not to, stopping him from commiting the crime, these people should be proud, they have saved an innocent soul:)

It won't even start up with the patch, I get to where the manager is holding the ball and the background is blue, but now accessable menus or nothing, if i make the window smaller I can quit without reebooting and the game ask me to confirm to quit.

A shame, no FM2009 for me :(

Haha, mod jod, got a certain ring to it, don't you think. I'd have to agree though, the last part of the op was abit silly to post. I don't think any other advice except going on the demo or using the site, which can tell if you are able to play the game.

Is there no chance of you renewing your computer?

Good luck :thup: hope it works for you.

Im saying you have the ability to write full sentences and capitalize but when it was on the line you failed to do so. :)

Well i can write full sentences as I will do in this post. Im not a particularly fast typer, and im prone to mistakes anyway. When i first joined i went into the lower league managers section and posted some of my opinions. A majority of people mocked my post and it wasnt very nice. So i havnt been back there since, and i noticed that most people were more lenient on spelling mistakes and forgotten full stops in the general discussion section. I just wanna talk about footballl without people fussing over my punctuation

Well i can write full sentences as I will do in this post. Im not a particularly fast typer, and im prone to mistakes anyway. When i first joined i went into the lower league managers section and posted some of my opinions. A majority of people mocked my post and it wasnt very nice. So i havnt been back there since, and i noticed that most people were more lenient on spelling mistakes and forgotten full stops. I just wanna talk about footballl without people fussing over my punctuation

Yeah, LLM'ers are a different breed...not many like going there. (me included. CSE is a friendly forum imo :D)

It doesn't matter to me personally if people forget capitals and stuff. Just no run-ons and in paragraph form and I'm happy. :D

Yeah, LLM'ers are a different breed...not many like going there. (me included. CSE is a friendly forum imo :D)

It doesn't matter to me personally if people forget capitals and stuff. Just no run-ons and in paragraph form and I'm happy. :D

lol it was so bad, they just blasted at me, they firmly believe that anyone managing in the top devisions are some kind of scum or something.

i hope they have a go at someone with dyslexia, then that person can report them or something, what they are doing is a mild form of abuse

You'll find people like that in every one of the forums, just depends on their mood and how much of a general t*@t they are.

i have found many, some people are trying to encourage rules from other forums in the generall discussion forum. lot of nice people here too. i have also had friendly chats with man utd supporters, never thought such a thing was possible

i have found many, some people are trying to encourage rules from other forums in the generall discussion forum. lot of nice people here too. i have also had friendly chats with man utd supporters, never thought such a thing was possible

I only really go into OTF and here, i know there are two forums that don't seem to mix, but you get a good variety of people, i have spoke and had a laugh with many of the lads in both of the forums. Some do try and spoil the fun, but i suppose it is kind of against the rules to just "chat" in threads, but sometime you cannot help it..kinda like this thread now ;)

I only really go into OTF and here, i know there are two forums that don't seem to mix, but you get a good variety of people, i have spoke and had a laugh with many of the lads in both of the forums. Some do try and spoil the fun, but i suppose it is kind of against the rules to just "chat" in threads, but sometime you cannot help it..kinda like this thread now ;)

yeah i end up chatting in threads i tell you what if we were in LLM our heads would be bitten off lol

yeah i end up chatting in threads i tell you what if we were in LLM our heads would be bitten off lol

more than likely, they do enforce the house rules, and seem to focus on your, experience with LLM, i posted in there once, and was shunned away, because i hadn't been LLM'ing for long :(

ahh well :)

edit:: OTF = off topic forum.

more than likely, they do enforce the house rules, and seem to focus on your, experience with LLM, i posted in there once, and was shunned away, because i hadn't been LLM'ing for long :(

pure discrimination, how are you supposed to be interested in LLMing if you cant read whats so interesting about it. One time i typed out lower league managing and got a roasting for havin no capital letters

its disgraceful, i agree that posting should be monitored to make sure they make sense but the whole grammar thing is just pointless, this is a footbaall forum not an english classroom

I have a grand total of 1 post in LLM, compared a few thousand in CSE. :D

pure discrimination, how are you supposed to be interested in LLMing if you cant read whats so interesting about it. One time i typed out lower league managing and got a roasting for havin no capital letters

its disgraceful, i agree that posting should be monitored to make sure they make sense but the whole grammar thing is just pointless, this is a footbaall forum not an english classroom

Every forum needs a set of rules. There can't be a grey area, or else there would be chaos.

Similar to real life laws. We need rules so people know what's right and what's wrong. :D

Every forum needs a set of rules. There can't be a grey area, or else there would be chaos.

Similar to real life laws. We need rules so people know what's right and what's wrong. :D

yeah i agree but when they start getting testy about spelling and stuff, i lose interest in the forum

Stevie, your lucky you don't support cheltenham, or else you'd have to get used to LLM ;)

I have a grand total of 1 post in LLM, compared a few thousand in CSE. :D

And i've never posted in there, but i believe Dafuge and Nep are like, "gods" within that forum??

Stevie, your lucky you don't support cheltenham, or else you'd have to get used to LLM ;)

And i've never posted in there, but i believe Dafuge and Nep are like, "gods" within that forum??

well when i moved to cheltenham, i went to watch them play grimsby (i conveniently live a 5 minute walk from the stadium) they lost 3-0, so i thought meh, ill stick to one team.

i also used to live in luton, i also conveniently lived a 5 minute walk from the stadium

also i have managed cheltenham in the game, stuck in league 1 for six seasons, that save game went out the window

Yup. Dafuge's challenge is like the 'Challenge' that most CSE-ers go to. Nep is one of the most useful and respected posters in CSE (and I suppose in other forums like GD too), and has his own little challenges, the Youth Player thread.

Both have won many CSE awards, and I don't think they have any room to fill their trophy cabinet, while I've only been mentioned as a 'User of the Future'. :D

Yee, Nep is v.useful, have spoke to him on a number of occasions, as for Dafuge, i haven't really had much, interaction with him, but from what i've seen, hes an alright bloke.

And its better to be nominated for "user of the future", than to not be recognised at all.

edit: stevie, are you from l'pool then? and i don't know why but i love cheltenham's stadium :) only been twice but were both enjoyable, i got to do crossbar challenge at half time, good fun :)

Yee, Nep is v.useful, have spoke to him on a number of occasions, as for Dafuge, i haven't really had much, interaction with him, but from what i've seen, hes an alright bloke.

And its better to be nominated for "user of the future", than to not be recognised at all.

edit: stevie, are you from l'pool then? and i don't know why but i love cheltenham's stadium :) only been twice but were both enjoyable, i got to do crossbar challenge at half time, good fun :)

nah born in ireland now living in cheltenham, stadium is good but its been expanded since i last went. and cheltenham lost 5-3 today lol girlfriend ditched me to go watch it lol

nah born in ireland now living in cheltenham, stadium is good but its been expanded since i last went. and cheltenham lost 5-3 today lol girlfriend ditched me to go watch it lol

don't blame her, you seem like a right boring sod ;) o.j

anyway, this thread will get closed when a mod gets on, because we have dragged it down :p, nice talking to you mate, if you ever want any help or tips or to say hi :), just pm me, i'll do me best to help you.

don't blame her, you seem like a right boring sod ;) o.j

anyway, this thread will get closed when a mod gets on, because we have dragged it down :p, nice talking to you mate, if you ever want any help or tips or to say hi :), just pm me, i'll do me best to help you.

cool, cheers mate ill add you as a friend so i dont lose ya lol

i had the same problem with the people on the llm board

clicky, self righteous, know it alls who delight in 'loling' at each others tired jokes and spitting on anyone who dares not punctuate properly

and that was after i congratulated one for achieving a long standing career game!

theyre football manager fundamentalists

mentalists being the operative part of the word

pfft

Archived