My 2 gripes with Fm Handheld

There are 2 things that bug me about this game. First the 5 ratings are insaine. I win Juventus 4-0 and play west ham 2 days later loose and have 6 guys all with a 5 rating. Even if I win a game I still sem to get at least 5 rating. The inconsistency about winning and loosing is driving me nuts. I win the CL 3 years running but I cant seem to win teams like Crystal Palace and such teams. I have played 4 seasons so far and this is still a problem with my man u team. I find it strange to trash Chelsea, Arsenal and other big teams and the next game I lose!! There is something so wrong here.

My second rant is about the transfer system. I have 46 mill to spend and I put in 8 transfers for players that are valued from 8-14 mil. I offer around 30+ mill per player and I get a no. I have been trying to buy Diego from Porto since day 1. He has asked to leave 8 times so far, and still I cant get him. He is transfer listed by request but still they deny a transfer bid 20 mill higher than his value. This is not a singular incident. The transfer system seem to be broken in some way. I have tried to buy over 20 diffrent good players without succsess. And the other teams trying to buy the same players as I am trying to get have the same prob. Anyone else having this prob?? This is ruining a good game for me, and if this will continue, I will put this game on the shelf and unfortunatly never play it again icon_confused.gif

There are 2 things that bug me about this game. First the 5 ratings are insaine. I win Juventus 4-0 and play west ham 2 days later loose and have 6 guys all with a 5 rating. Even if I win a game I still sem to get at least 5 rating. The inconsistency about winning and loosing is driving me nuts. I win the CL 3 years running but I cant seem to win teams like Crystal Palace and such teams. I have played 4 seasons so far and this is still a problem with my man u team. I find it strange to trash Chelsea, Arsenal and other big teams and the next game I lose!! There is something so wrong here.

My second rant is about the transfer system. I have 46 mill to spend and I put in 8 transfers for players that are valued from 8-14 mil. I offer around 30+ mill per player and I get a no. I have been trying to buy Diego from Porto since day 1. He has asked to leave 8 times so far, and still I cant get him. He is transfer listed by request but still they deny a transfer bid 20 mill higher than his value. This is not a singular incident. The transfer system seem to be broken in some way. I have tried to buy over 20 diffrent good players without succsess. And the other teams trying to buy the same players as I am trying to get have the same prob. Anyone else having this prob?? This is ruining a good game for me, and if this will continue, I will put this game on the shelf and unfortunatly never play it again icon_confused.gif

Agree with you Dr Pepper.

Especially with your first comment, i am the same can beat good teams, not losing for 6 or 7 games then get beat 4-0, 3-1 against rubbish teams. Once i had four players on 10 the following game all on 5.

Not sure about the second comment being millwall for 6 seasons I have only just a transfer budget of 14 million

Thanks for the reply Neil. No prop I can give you example and even send you my save game.

The players are:

Tomas Rosicky

Diego (Porto)

Anderson (Porto)

Joao Mountinho (Sporting Cp)

Javier Mascherano (Corithinias)

Theese player are all valued from 8-14 mill and all but Rosiscky have a transfer request with their clubs. And they are refusing a 46m transfer bid.

Im not the only one having this problem. Chelsea has the same icon_smile.gif But if a player asks for a transfer and I offer 30mill more than he is valued and they still say no. That doesnt happen in the pc og 360 versions.

i feel your first gripe is a bit unjustified - look at how many teams in real life in the premiership who come back from playing their guts out away in spain or italy, and then come home and end up getting beat by a so called lesser team, probably because theyre either physically or mentally tired, or both.

also, you need to play different tactics againest those two teams, they both require a different style of play to beat. sorry if your already doing this. for several years, arsenal have been good in the premiership, but not in europe. wenger then changed the way his team played to suit a more european style of play, and now arsenal are good in europe but not as good as they were in the premiership. maybe thats just whats happened to you here too icon_wink.gif

sorry for the double post...

your second point is a good one... if any club offered twice the asking price for a player the selling club would never refuse, and yeah, when russian clubs refuse bids of 25million theres something slightly wrong. it doesnt matter how important a player is, thats a hell of a lot of money for an english club, let along a russian club. heck, rooney cost 30million.

The 5 rating can drive me nuts sometimes. When 10 players of 11 have 8-9 and then one or sometimes 2 players have a 5 rating and I won the game 4-0. That just makes things a bit odd. I know a team can suddenly loose after a big game. Been playing Cm/Fm for a long time, so I am familiar with that. But the random consistency is maddening sometimes. But I can still live with that. But the transfer thing cannot live with. This is a thing that can putt me off playing until Fm 07, since the psp wont get a fix icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">But the random consistency is maddening sometimes </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

welcome to the real life world of supporting exeter city...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by cousdude:

sorry for the double post...

your second point is a good one... if any club offered twice the asking price for a player the selling club would never refuse, and yeah, when russian clubs refuse bids of 25million theres something slightly wrong. it doesnt matter how important a player is, thats a hell of a lot of money for an english club, let along a russian club. heck, rooney cost 30million. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

haha! i got rooney for a free transfer when he was 25

yes it may be a game but since it is trying to be a realist protrayal of real life, times when it doesn't need to be addressed.

and lol... i bet you cant talk about rooney being ugly...

• 4 weeks later...

I know every team can have an off day and loose in that way. Seen it many times in the pc version. But loosing 4 times in a row is just ludicrus. There seems to be someting wrong with the psp version. So I have stopped playing it. Been playing the 360 and pc versions instead. I will wait until after Fm Handheld2 comes out before I buy it. If this is still a prob count me out icon_frown.gif

Archived