As usual my scouts don't make any sense

Got several scouts roaming around in Europe. Each season I scout out players that are without contracts, takes awhile but I have found it is worth it. Been getting a couple of promotions with my team and we are now playing in the championship. My scouts however seems to have missed this, since I send them out to scout 10 or so players and they come back with one player being a great asset to the squad, so I take a look at the report and gets pretty confused when the great asset to the squad is deemed become a good league 2 or league 1 player. Hello mr Scout wake up we are playing in the championship now, a good player is a decent championship player, a great asset would be a good championship player or a decent premiere player.

Well a great asset in my opinion is not someone that is rated as a player with potential for 1 or 2 divisions lower or is rated to be the 5th best player in that position.

I don't mind the scouts getting it all wrong but they should atleast not contradict themselves in a report.

Is the scout referring to current ability or potential ability when saying he would be a good league 2 player or league 1 player?

Potential ability, they usually are blue square current ability.

• 2 months later...

Last 4 seasons I have finished top 10 in the championship, as best a third place. This season I'm predicted to have a shot at promotion. My scouts still think a great asset to the squad is someone that is 5th-7th best player in the position and a good signing for lower leagues than I'm playing now. The only players that seem to be worth having a second glance at is the ones they say that should be signed at all cost. My poor finances leaves me dependant on finding cheap bargains but with the scouting like this it gets really difficult.

Well they aren't the best reputationwise but their judgement attributes are very good, worst one is 16, majority got 18-20 on both potential and curren ability. Even if the teams stature and reputation are falling behind the scouts should at least realise our current league and position.

Well they aren't the best reputationwise but their judgement attributes are very good, worst one is 16, majority got 18-20 on both potential and curren ability. Even if the teams stature and reputation are falling behind the scouts should at least realise our current league and position.

Have you tried resetting their scouting assignments?

Also whats the reputation of your team, maybe these players are good for a team of your reputation?

No matter what kinda reputation I got noone can say that a player they think got the potential to play 2 divisions down and would be the 7th best player in the position would be a great asset to the squad. You could pick a random bloke on the streets and they will realise it is utterly stupid. I would rather get a handful of reports that actually point out players that seem good to the team than a few dozens that are this bad. At the same time I'm dependant on scouting to find any players at all.

Scoutreports should not be connected to club reputation, it should be connected to where the team stands and the players at hand at the moment. It should also have connection to ambition of the team.

And yes I have resetted my scoutassignements. Some of the scouts are new for the season.

Great Asset is about the third highest recommendation from your scouts; sign at all costs and seriously look into are the ones you should look at (six and seven star players).

Scout star ratings are based on your clubs reputation or league and your current players. 4 stars means player is at the level of your current players, 5,6,7 better, 1,2,3 worse.

It would be nice to have the ability to tell your scouts to only report back on players rated at a certain level or above.

I still think it shouldn't be in relations to the reputation as it doesn't matter what reputation I have on my team when it comes to the type of players I need. Especially since the reputation of clubs is moving much much slower than the team progress.

And if great asset to the squad is only at par and below in quality of what I already have, they should really consider renaming it in the future, because when someone tell me that something would be a great asset I don't automatically think of something that I don't really need or want as i got a handfull better choices already.

As my scouts are rating players at the moment 6 star players are as good as my current squad. Only the 7 star players are thought to atleast have the potential to get better than my current players.

yeah this happens alot in my fc utd game, my scouts tells me this player would be a great asset yet he also said he'd be the 7 best striker in my team, i'm currently in league one

its very annoying and hopefully will be fixed amongst a number of other issues in fm 10

Archived