Data Editor - Setanta Shield Problem.

So, in 08 I've put a previously unplayable team in the Blue Square North, I have a problem though, the team that I replaced (Vauxhall) is still in the Setanta Shield, and my team that replaced them is not. Any help here because I've got no idea?

I know it's an obscure question, but is there any way in the editor to stop Vauxhall from being in the Setanta Shield, I clarify, even though Vauxhall have been removed from the Blue Square North, they still appear in the Setanta Shield for the 1st season, while my team isn't in the competition. I've tried everything that I know, but to no avail. Any help out there??

i kind of remember, i think it was 2008 you had to be in the league for a certain amount of years before becoming eligible for the FA cup...

so maybe this is the same scenario... you might need to have your team founded in like 2003 or something...

just a theory:P

Ahh I don't think that's it. My team was founded in like 1857 so that can't be a problem haha! I did get around it, but I had to delete Vauxhall altogether. Which is annoying cos I feel kind of bad banishing a club just so I can get in a competition. I guess I'll just have to recreate them as a new club exactly as they were...

another way that's just come to mind is checking if the setanta shield is in the clubs regional competition list...

I don't get on data editor that much so i'm not too sure of all your options available

You might have to swap your 'last league position' history with Vauxhall? i.e. give them yours and add whatever was set for them for 2007-08 to you.

Hmm I was excited, because I hadn't tried them, and they sounded logical. But alas, both of them didn't work. I guess the only way is to actually Delete Vauxhall and recreate them. But I can't be bothered haha.

It makes no sense that when Vauxhall aren't in the Blue Square North, they are still drawn for the competition. Even when I make the histories say they aren't in the Blue Square, it still happens, and adding the Setanta Shield to Sheffield's regional competition list. Very frustrating,

Has anyone else had this problem in moving a non playable team up into the Blue Square competitions, but not being able to participate in the Setanta Shield?

Good point, I think they are hardcoded in, as the only way to get rid of Vauxhall from the competition is to delete the team altogether. Oh well I will just holiday a year, and then put my team in, a la the Dafuges Challenge. Thanks for all the help.

Archived