How difficult is it to become favoured, icon or legend?

I'm in my eleventh season with Bristol City.

I won the Championship in the first season.

Survived the next season and got 4th the season after that

2 years after that, won the Premier League and have won it every year since.

Also won 2 CLs, 3 FA Cups and 5 League Cups with a handful of pointless trophies such as Community Shield and CWC.

As a result, I'm at the top of the worldwide Hall of Fame

However, I'm not even a favoured personnel yet, even though a player who survived for 2 years is.

How do I get onto this list?

Atm, Bristol City have (from memory as I've not got game open atm)

Legends: None

Icons: Gary Johnson and Cooper

Favoured Personnel: Sunny, Sergio Aguero, Mark Noble, a regen (who isn't the captain who has been at the club for 8 years and is an England regular)

Also, stadiums! Need a new stadium now but can't get one despite having a lot of cash in the bank!

Was quite easy for me to become a legend; I was it already after 5-6 seasons IIRC, after taking Solihull Moors from BS to League One..

Stadiums = what jptykes said, unless your stadium dont fullfill safety requirements - then they will build a new one. That happened to me after getting promoted to Championship. Still paying for the original stadium, four more years *sigh*

There doesn't seem to be any consistent answers. Some human managers make it after a few seasons. Others can't make it with similar stories like yours. I had a player make it under my reign that played one season and was a rotation player - got into to maybe 20 games, many times as a sub. I won 4 league titles, 2 cups, and four promotions on the way from Blue Square South to League 1. I was nowhere to be found on the any of the favorites list. The feature doesn't seem to be working quite right for some people.

my opinion is sort of the same as fatboyjohnmulhern.

I've won many, many cups and am statistically the top manager on the HOF.

With regards the stadium, my current stadium (Ashton Gate) holds 29000 all seater.

The last three seasons have had average attendance of:

which is pretty much selling out the stadium.

Got enough money to make a new stadium (based on screenshots of other users and how much their stadiums cost).

just wondering if I get one, will it have Bristol Stadium/Park/Arena or will it have a favoured person? (albeit though I've only got icons, not legends).

Just not sure what more I have to do to get onto the list

it's kind of tainting my game if im honest.

If I finally get a new stadium, it's not gonna have my name on it as I'm not a legend.

Given my success, I'd say that I'd be a legend at the club.

Many people have said that they've managed to become one of the three by promoting clubs from Blue Square/League 1-2, which I haven't done (instead doing it from the Championship), but seeing as thought uppercut gets onto the list after one season in which promotion wasn't possible, it seems a little random

anyone from SI able to comment?

stevie, I was once on the list on FM 07 (I think it was that game) but got the "Glossop Arena"

I can't quite remember if I've ever gotten a stadium named after me.

But as I said, this is the longest game I've ever had and it would be nice to play in a brand new stadium named after me and with me not even being able to get on the list is going to prevent this

I know how you feel alexw...im up to 2023, just about to start a new season.

So far with West Brom I have won:

PL = 7 times

FA Cup = 5 times

League Cup = 7 times

Community Shield = 6 times

Champions League = 4 times

Super Cup = 3 times

Club World Championship = 4 times

Am I mentioned in any list on the club as being favourite/legend/hero/magician - not a single thing...seriously annoying, but I persist all the same.

I made it into Benfica's favoured personnel list after winning the Portuguese league (2 times), UEFA Cup and the CL after 2 seasons.

Was a short thing tho. My name and Sidnei's (D C) were on the list but disappeared after a couple of months :|

I still agree with it tainting alexw's view of it tainting my game too. My team has been relatively unchanged for probably 5 seasons, and the boys have won a lot of cups/awards during that time, but none of the players, and still not myself have made it to any of the lists, favoured, legends or icons.

The only thing I get to look forward to soon is hopefully a little news snippet about me playing my 1000th game...ok so I only just played my 900th, but I will feel proud when I get to that point :)

odd how they disappear

I can maybe understand favoured personnel disappearing, but legends should not just disappear from the list.

If they did decrease in popularity, then they would surely become icons and then personnel, but not just a straight disappearance from the list.

Just an added note, I started this file on 9.1, but carried it on when I changed to 9.2

I doubt this has much effect as changes are supposed to be implemented in old games, but it's worth a mention, I reckon

one more point, every time I win the league/CL, i get the message of

"alexw becomes Bristol City favourite"

I'm not sure of the EXACT message, but it's something along those lines that gives the impression that I'm finally on the list, only to disappoint me

I asked the same thing, never finished below second won the last 5 premier leagues won 6 champions leagues and still not even a favourite person at liverpool, im expecting a statue in my honour at least! Gerrard made it to club legend after one season when we won the league!

It's never been this hard to become a club favourite in past games

there haven't been icons or legends before (at least I don't think, memory is a little foggy), but favoured personnel has always been there and not too hard to get onto

Archived