Some idea for future versions

I know a lot of grumpy old men who enjoy playing FM. And we were wondering if it would be any fun to coach your kid on the game.

SI could create an option at the beginning of the game asking if you have a son, actually a daughter might not work that well on the game as it is right now. Then you will have to tell the game name and maybe one or to skills and birthday of the kid. If he is like 10 years old he might show up at his hometown club as a youth player. If he is any good he might go all the way. Of course this will take longer if the kid was just born or something. But I guess there enough players who dont mind hanging on a save with 20+ seasons...

What do you think?

Ok, you can't add them *As your son* but you can still add them to the game - and if you're sneaky and use in game editors I'm sure you can make yourself their favoured personnel. Suggesting things like adding more life stuff into the game here is likely to get a lot of flamers wound up about 'it's not FIFA Manager' though just to give you some warning hah

Not what you're after but it is possible to have sons in the game if you manage for a long time it has been known to happen

I don't think it would add anything to the game, to be honest. Maybe it'd be fun to see your "son" progress through his career, but that would still only be a tiny part of the game. It's not like it would be a tragedy if someone from SI came along and said this will never happen.

I don't think it would add anything to the game, to be honest. Maybe it'd be fun to see your "son" progress through his career, but that would still only be a tiny part of the game. It's not like it would be a tragedy if someone from SI came along and said this will never happen.

No, of course not. Its just a really tiny gimmick and it does not need to be handled at all by the player himself. So no need of private life management like in the other "manager" game.

I think its a good idea! I regularly only manage to get about 10 seasons max into a save before getting bored. Something like this would give me something to hang on longer for.

That is what I meant. You do it at the setup of your game and get a nice surprise bonus motivation after a few seasons.

Ok, you can't add them *As your son* but you can still add them to the game - and if you're sneaky and use in game editors I'm sure you can make yourself their favoured personnel. Suggesting things like adding more life stuff into the game here is likely to get a lot of flamers wound up about 'it's not FIFA Manager' though just to give you some warning hah

Not what you're after but it is possible to have sons in the game if you manage for a long time it has been known to happen

OK, thank you. I get your point.

Flamers are welcome but as this part of the game does not need any management by the user it does not respond to the typical FIFA-crap.

Archived