What decides the attribtes that are shown?

No, some are 'Hidden stats', which are things that could make or break a player, similar to CA/PA.

'Big Matches' is an example of one of these.

From what the OP has said, you are wrong. Well, no, you're right. But you're answering the wrong question.

It's seems as though he's asking about Attribute Masking, like the second post says.

i duno wat decides it but whenever you look at a striker never do they have heading, finsihing, composure or pace!! it seems to filter all useful stats

Exactly. Shouldn't it be the opposite? So whenever you're viewing a 200 cm striker you would be able to see finishing, heading, jumping etc. but not corners and work rate for instance. That would seem more logical to me.

I always thought they just showed random stats. Id quite like to know why I know some stats for players in my team that I shouldnt,

For example if I sign an unknown 16 year old who has never played a competetive game, before he has so much as been to a training session I know his consistency, work rate, teamwork etc. Surely stats like these would take time to become known even to the players team?

Archived