Best Signing You've Made

Here's a simple one - what is the best signing you've ever made? And I don't mean your Messi's, Ronaldos or Kakas etc - it's hardly difficult to know they're quality players - I mean, what players have you signed from utter obscurity for peanuts that went on to be World-Beaters?

For me I'd have to hark back to CM3 many years ago, when I signed a young-ish (early 20s) Irish lad called George O' Callaghan for Chelsea (where I ended up via Telford and St Johnstone). Though he had good but not mind-blowing stats, his performances just got better and better - scoring bucketfuls of goals from an attacking midfield role, but perhaps more crucially having one incredible season which he finished with an average rating of over 9.00, having played over 60 games.

Such occurances seem rarer in the FM series, with most of the absolute top players (that aren't regens) being heard of to some degree (Sherman Cardenas and Falcao for instance). I do have a cracking Ghanian right-back called Anthony Nyarko for my current team, IFK Timra in Sweden who I think could go a long way. We're only a semi-pro side, so having a player of his quality is astonishing, and at only 19 years old his stats suggest he could be playing in one of England, Spain or Italy's top divisions in a few years time. For now only Djurgarden are interested, and his estimated value is still pretty low on account of our semi-pro status so I'm hoping I can hold them off at least until someone offers some real money for him!

Archived