Aston Villa SOMS

O'neil out

Today Randy Lerner has Sacked Aston Villa manager Martin O'neil because he expected him to get a top 4 finish last season but he didnt.

There are many managers that are linked with the Vacant spot at Villa park.

But the three main managers that are linked with Villa are:

Anfield legend - Rafa Benitez rafa_benitez_liverp_351905a.jpg

Ex-professional - Teddy Sherringham 41CXDCTM30L._SL500_AA280_.jpg

And new Manager - Rolando Kuzmanovic (brother of Dravko Kuzmanovic in the picture) Zdravko_Kuzmanovic__458546a.jpg

Next update to come soon :)

The new manager is....

Rolando Kuzmanovic, brother of Dravko Kuzmanovic.

He was talking to BBC Sport news about everything:

Reporter: What do you think of being the new Aston Villa manager?

Kuzmanovic: I am very happy that I am here. My first team in management and im at Aston Villa.

Reporter: What do you think of the current squad? What is your realistic challenge?

Kuzmanovic: I think the squad is very good and with the transfer funds of 33 million i think i can add some more quality to the Villa ranks. I Realistically am aiming for a Euro qualifier finish. Randy (Lerner) told me that in the 5 year plan he wants me to get into the top 4 and challenge for the title consistently and i believe i can do that.

Reporter: Who are you looking to buy and sell?

Kuzmanovic: I am not looking to sell anyone unless i get alot of money for them or if they really want to go. I will need another Right Back, Centre Back, Striker and Goalkeeper at least to be with a chance of toppling the top 4

Reporter: Thank you for speaking to us

Kuzmanovic: No it was my pleasure as BBC are way better than Sky Sports

(I despise them :) )

Any other questions FMH forum reporters?

July roundup:

Aston Villa have signed 2 players for their team who manager Rolando Kuzmanovic thinks are 2 excellent signings - Mario Balotelli and Fabiano Santacroce.

Villa's only matches have been in the Euro Vase - Beating Grasshopper 2-1 on Aggregate after a 0-0 draw at Villa park withosbourne and Milner getting the Villa goals.

Reporter: Explain the signing of Santacroce.

Kuzmanovic: I needed another Right Back to help Luke Young and i have scouted Santacroce for a while in the Italian U21's so i bought him for a fee of 12m which i believe is a reasonable fee for a solid, young Right Back.

Reporter: Mario Balotelli?

Kuzmanovic: I have seen him play for Inter Milans reserve and youth team and think he is really good and will be a future prospect with the right training.

Reporter: After your 2-1 win over Grasshopper, Do you think your team played well?

Kuzmanovic: Yes they played exceptionally well, Grasshopper took the lead from a mistake by Curtis Davies and from then on we never looked back as we created chance after chance. Then finally Osbourne and Milner scored and it was over.

August update:

There were no other transfers in for Villa but Kuzmanovic did say goodbye to Marlon Harewood who went to QPR for 1.8 million. The month started off nicelt with a 2-1 win over Northampton and carew and Agbonlahor got the goals as Gabby got subbed on for Carew in Kuzmanovic's 451 sticking formation.

Then they demolished Omonia 5-0 over 2 legs, Balotelli and Petrov scored in the 2-0 Away win and a Balotelli hattrick sealed the 5-0 homw win. Then came Chelsea... |FT Villa 3-2 Chelsea!!!! Sidwell scored the first after 20 minutes and Agbonlahor got the 2nd right on half time. After 20 minutes of hard work Agbonlahor got another to make it 3-0 after 65 minutes. Then in the 86th minute Lampard scored and on Full time Essien made it only 3-2.

The next match was away at Arsenal but after the Arsenal current form (losing 3-1 to WBA) Villa got a comfortable 1-0 win with a late Reo-coker 89th minute strike. They then couldnt even score against Newcastle and got a goalless 0-0 draw.

Reporter: How do you feel about making it into the next Euro cup round?

Kuzmanovic: I am very happy but i am not putting the Euro cup as my top priorit, the top 4 of the Premiership is my top priority.

Reporter: yes well after saying that, you must be happy with wins over Arsenal and Chelsea?

Kuzmanovic: yes i am very happy of these Victories but these mean little if you dont have consistency and the match against Newcastle showed that. We can beat anyone but we arent consistent enough.

September update:

The first match Kuzmanovic played in September was against portsmouth. Villa went down to 10 men after Balotelli got sent off. Agbonlahor scored the only goal that came in the 55th minute and it was a screamer!

The next match saw Kuzmanovic go up against NAC Breda in the first official round of the Euro cup. Villa took the lead through James Milner after 5 minutes, then got a second after 31 minutes a volley on the edge of the box. HT 2-0 and 15 minutes after the second half started Luke young scored a half-volley 5 yards out and Petrov finished it of with 15 minutes to go to make it FT 4-0

The next match was against Spurs. Everything was level at Half time 0-0. Then Carew came on after a while injured and on the bench and set up Luke Young for a 69th minute opener that was the only goal in the game. FT - 1-0.

Then we started our League cup campaign with a match in the 3rd round against a Charlton side who wanted to get promoted to the premiership. It remained 0-0 at Half time and Agbonlahor came on for the not match fit carew hoping to score and win the game for Villa.In the 64th minute Osbourne scored what was the only goal in the match and Villa were through to the 4th round. Villa were against Liverpool in the 4th round and it will prove to be an Epic tie at Villa park and a most crucial one.

Our next match was, incidentally against our League cup oponents Liverpool. Like most Villa matches the score at Half time was 0-0. On came petrov for the rating 3 Steve Sidwell. The match was a stalemate and ended up 0-0 but Kuzmanovic can surely say it was a good point to win at Home to a top 4 club.

October update:

The matches Kuzmanovic has played this month are:

1-0 vs NAC Breda - Sidwell - which meant we will go into Groups of Euro cup

1-0 v Sunderland - salifou

0-0 v Everton

0-0 v Man City

1-1 v Hull City - Carew

Ever since Balotelli got banned for 90 days we have been struggling with scores. Most goals come from Ashley young and Agbonlahor irl so i made a 451 hoping for the Playmaker Young to do well with the Assists and Gabby to score alot but most goals come from Midfield.

Reporter: How do you feel about the draws?

Kuzmanovic: We havent got enough players to challenge for the title yet. We only have 23 players and some arent up to our standard. I would like to be able to rotate the squad with success as we need strength in Depth to get draws into wins and far too many players are getting injured, already got 6 either injured or suspended.

Reporter: Do you think Villa can challenge for the Title this season?

Kuzmanovic: Realisticaly yes, we are 2nd and close to 1st place but over the season i expect we will fall short because of the lack in depth. I think a more realistic challenge is going for the Top 4.

January update:

1st. Man Utd 46 points

2nd. Spurs!!! 39 points

3rd. Chelsea 38 points

4th. Arsenal 36 points

5th. Villa 35 points

6th. Liverpool 34 points - And 1 game in hand

Reporter: How do you feel about capturing Sergio Asenjo?

Kuzmanovic: I am delighted that he decided to join us, as he is a good goalkeeper and we are a good team.

Reporter: Why did you send him on loan?

Kuzmanovic: I wanted him to get 1st team experience and he couldnt break into the squad right now because Friedals doing a good job and Guzan is playing well whenever we play him.

Reporter: Several teams were chasing highly-rated young Centre Back Breno but you managed to get him. Was he a good signing?

Kuzmanovic: Yes he was a good signing as he has put in solid performances and is one of the reasons why we kept a few clean sheets in January.

Reporter: Miheal Kovacevic?

Kuzmanovic: I bought him for the same reason i bought Santacroce - Youth and back-up to my squad. He will become a good player for us.

Reporter: You let Knight, Davies and Petrov leave, why?

Kuzmanovic: I let Davies go because Man City bid 19.5 million for him and we need transfer funds. Knight wanted to go because he didnt get many games for us and Petrov, although quite good, isnt good enough for a top 6 team.

Season 1:

League - 7th - I didnt manage to get the Euro place :(

Euro cup: Final - Runners up - Lost in Final 1-0 by a Late Ronaldinho goal vs AC Milan

League cup: 4th round - Lost to Liverpool :(

FA cup: Quarter Finals - Yet again lost to Liverpool :(

Season 2 is coming up as i only have 1 matche left of it.

Season 2:

Ins:

Totti 5m

Valero 3m

Ochirosii 5m

Naldo 12m

Outs:

Carew 3m - WBA

Salifou 2m - Barnsley

League - A really good 3rd and CL footy for me :)

League cup - 3rd round - lost on penalties to Plymouth!

FA cup - Semi Final - 0-1 against Man Utd

What does everyone think of my first 2 seasons at Villa?

Archived