Why did my GK do this?

15mxvnp.gif

i was infront 4-0 with my Aston Villa team at halftime. Then suddenly mighty Wigan goes crazy and score 4 goals in 10 mins. In the match final minute my GK does this. I pulled most of my hair out.

Why FM09? WHYYYY??

I've seen that a few times too, its really frustrating. The time when your goalkeeper stays at home rather than clearing a long ball that he can easily run 5 metres compared to 25 for the striker you can at least partially put down to a terrible keeper but when he stands next to it for 10 years until the striker arrives and scores its stupid.

I play my game on the 2D classic as the 3D is very jumpy, on the 2D view can honestly say this never happens, not a big mistake like this. Obviously the odd stray pass, but not the keeper basically standing on the ball for a good 3 seconds

I have seen a goal-keeper (thankfully the opposition keeper) run out the a long ball, that ended up in his penalty field, so he could just pick it up. Instead he stood beside it and waited until my striker came running down, took the ball and scored.

I have also seen defenders run away from a ball, that was going straight for them.

I think the FM9.0.2 game engine still has some bugs and things that needs to be tweaked.

The match engine is full of bugs and unrealistic player behaviour. Some of them should have been quite obvious with minimal testing ('crabbing' for example). I've seen ridiculous GK behaviour like this too.

It really makes you wonder how rigorous SI's testing actually is. No way is the match engine a finished product. It's none too clever that it was released (and subsequently patched) in this state.

Ok so the animation isn't perfect and therefore not totally believable but your keeper miskicked it. A mistake that you will never forgive him for and one that will mean he can kiss that pay rise goodbye.

Ok so the animation isn't perfect and therefore not totally believable but your keeper miskicked it. A mistake that you will never forgive him for and one that will mean he can kiss that pay rise goodbye.

He hasn't miss kicked it at all. The ME is just crap at times.

If he had miss kicked the ball it would have said in the text commentry. I have seen this happen several times and never seen it say 'he miss kicked the ball' ever.

I play my game on the 2D classic as the 3D is very jumpy, on the 2D view can honestly say this never happens, not a big mistake like this. Obviously the odd stray pass, but not the keeper basically standing on the ball for a good 3 seconds

Your choice of visualisation has nothing to do with this.

whats crabbing?

i love the terminology that develops on this board

Pretty sure it's when players legs and movement aren't synchronised. So they'll be moving along but their legs are sideways. Correct me if I'm wrong.

'Crabbing' is when your players instead of moving sensibly backwards or forwards run stupidly sideways like a crab does. Not that I mean that a crab is stupid! I mean most crabs have about 50 times the intelligence shown by the players in the ME...... :mad:

Archived