Has anyone taken a northern irish team to europeon finals

just wondering if anyone had managed this as i have just won promotion into the northern irish prem with donegal celtic after going on a unbeaten run from takeing over half way through there season. but it seems somewhat impossible to take them all the way in europe as they are only semi pro and cant get anywhere near the needed players to even challenge for europe.

Started the game as unemplyed and they where only team that would have me lol well apart from norway.

Managing: Norway and Donegal Celtic

• 10 months later...

I know this thread is very, very old. And you simply wouldn't believe how I stumbled upon it, but I've actually won the Champions League 3 times with Knockbreda or N. Ireland. I get to the Group stages every year, I'm now 1 of 7 Pro clubs in N. Ireland and get to the knock out stages most years :thup:

I was googling something for Dungiven. Trying to find if they had a shirt for sale (as there are no Knockbreda shirts). I came across another forum that had a post of mine from my knockbreda thread (You know the forums, that literally steal the posts from here, to make themselves look busy) - and they had a wierd "if you like this, you may also like..." box at the bottom of the thread, with 5 threads in it. This was one of them. I clicked on it, and thought maybe its on SI forums. It was, and so I posted :D

:p I know nothing about Northern Irish football, especially not the amateur leagues setup. I'd be more than willing to attempt it though, if you (or anyone else) are able to help! :D

Is it a totally separate league to the pro/semi pro leagues - like in Scotland?

I did make a british power leagues database. Feature all Northern Irish teams in N.Ireland. rep and prize money up a bit for that was the reason the database was made but if you wish it download it. Have a shot if rep or prozemoney to high edit it

I designed A set of Welsh, Irish, N.irish and scottish league so that they could compete with england. It features all teams in all nations, so although its designed to compete it could be modified so that their just playable with the old rep and prize money

Archived