Surely Not...?

I know there has been talk about player's sons coming through the ranks of their clubs, but it has quickly been rubbished every time.

I have just stumbled across a regen called Gary Edwards, whose favoured personnel includes my ex assistant manager Andy Edwards?

Is it possible that he could be Andy's son?

I know there has been talk about player's sons coming through the ranks of their clubs, but it has quickly been rubbished every time.

I have just stumbled across a regen called Gary Edwards, whose favoured personnel includes my ex assistant manager Andy Edwards?

Is it possible that he could be Andy's son?

probably not, most regens names are reincarnated from other names within the game, i think not 100% sure.

People's sons are in the game, its not been rubbished, not sure where you got that from

Have SI confirmed that player's and staff son's are in the game? I know they have confirmed that your son can be in the game but I haven't heard about players.

most regens names are reincarnated from other names within the game

I thought they got rid of that system years ago- don't they have a database full of future regen names? That was the issue in previous FMs whereby future England players all had really predictable names ('George Smith' 'Steve Woods') and people in the editors forum were trying to change it, whereas in this incarnation im seeing a lot more variety in names, which now includes a number of non-Anglo based ones (ie East Asian-named regens with England nationality)

I thought they got rid of that system years ago- don't they have a database full of future regen names? That was the issue in previous FMs whereby future England players all had really predictable names ('George Smith' 'Steve Woods') and people in the editors forum were trying to change it, whereas in this incarnation im seeing a lot more variety in names, which now includes a number of non-Anglo based ones (ie East Asian-named regens with England nationality)

Sometimes i still get players with names like dean dean. Things like that, possible (neville neville) but unlikely

Archived