Vela!

I was just playin my man u game save, (i support liverpool but of course i like the challenge of being expected to play in every cup final.) when all of a sudden theres a message in my inbox. arsenal have only gone and offered vela out for 6 mill! i couldn believe it so i went on his profile and found for some reason he was unhappy at the club, though i couldnt find out why. i was happy with my current forwards (berbatov, rooney and aguero) but i couldn resist taking on vela, you dont often get wonderkids so cheap!

as suspected lots of clubs pouced at this opportunity, and eventually he decidded to join spurs, (very brave to join a rival club)

i can only wonder how rare this eventuality could be?

I was just playin my man u game save, (i support liverpool but of course i like the challenge of being expected to play in every cup final.) when all of a sudden theres a message in my inbox. arsenal have only gone and offered vela out for 6 mill! i couldn believe it so i went on his profile and found for some reason he was unhappy at the club, though i couldnt find out why. i was happy with my current forwards (berbatov, rooney and aguero) but i couldn resist taking on vela, you dont often get wonderkids so cheap!

as suspected lots of clubs pouced at this opportunity, and eventually he decidded to join spurs, (very brave to join a rival club)

i can only wonder how rare this eventuality could be?

This really gets me down as this sort of thing with a great young player leaving there club seems to happen on everyones game but mine

well it was the first time i can remember it happening, on one of my previous saves, vela was a prolific scorer for arsenal, by 2015 he had scored more goals for arsenal than henry ever did. so i couldn believe they would offer him out, personally if one of my wonderkids were unhappy, id send them out on loan, but never sell them.

Never happened to me :( I remain optimistic for that day though!

I tell you what, should that day come you may wanna offer him a huge contract, Madrid, Barca, Chelsea and INter are just a few clubs that pounce, so if your someone like everton or sunderland or any teams like that, enlarge youre wage budget

Wow. Real Madrid had to fork out 43 mil for him on my save and his goals have dried up lol. TBH I think 2009 is the worst game I've played so far for overpriced wonderkids. I'm tripping over scout reports saying blah blah could be good an offer of 8 mil would be accepted at age 16.

on my AC Milan save the same thing happened but with Karim Benzema and i got him for £6.75m

Its beyond silliness, in the real world, clubs will never part with highly rated players for next to nothing, even if there are some disagreements at the club, i certainly cant see Wenger offering out vela or any of his youngsters.

btw arsenal badly need some english in that squad

Wow. Real Madrid had to fork out 43 mil for him on my save and his goals have dried up lol. TBH I think 2009 is the worst game I've played so far for overpriced wonderkids. I'm tripping over scout reports saying blah blah could be good an offer of 8 mil would be accepted at age 16.

hmmm i think 09 has probably got the most unrealistic transfer market yet, with man city snapping up any quality players for nearly 40-50 million, might go back to 08, or wait for 2010, great game with some minor flaws which makes the game less enjoyable

you can normally pick vela up for 10mil + 25% of profit from next sale at the start of season one, i did with man city in one save and villa in another

sorry to be a bit of a moan, but this is a topic about clubs offering out quality players for nearly nothing! lol and also well done, i have tried to buy vela on countless occasions but never got close, and anyway id rather have bojan:p

He gets released at the end of the first season. Good job for me he's mt best striker

it is a bug, it happens every game, first season, barca would in real life renew his contract for such a good player, it is classed as 'the bojan bug' it happens with a few other players aswell, unsure of which ones though, Guy Assulin rings a bell.

On a lot of my saves Vela gets unhappy towards the end of the first season, with the returning Eduardo, Adebayor and Robin Van Persie, scoring well (sadly much better than in real life) and with Bendtner as the substitute striker of choice, Vela always seems to find it hard getting a game, but with bendtner's unreasonable wage demands he seems to get let go and Vela works his way back into the team, and the unhappiness disappears, which is unfortunate for me as I'd just had a £5 million bid accepted, but he refused to come for the money offered, while he was happy at the club.

I got Bojan for 6million in my Man City save. 1st Jan transfer window. Not sure how - Barce changed their manager, so that might have had something to do with it.

Should have waited half a year, you could have got him for free.

it is a bug, it happens every game, first season, barca would in real life renew his contract for such a good player, it is classed as 'the bojan bug' it happens with a few other players aswell, unsure of which ones though, Guy Assulin rings a bell.

guy asulin!! thats how it was spelt in previous games, of course now its gai assulin! shame really, amazing potential on the game, yet i know absolutely nothing of him in real life.

also on fm08 i found another isreali called yoel goldstein, playing for B.Jeruselem, similar to assulin, impossible to sign due to work permit issues, found him on fm09, same team, same potential, same problem, would love to sign him but cannot.

if your a liverpool fan how the hell can you play as the scum?!!!

I`m a Man Utd fan and i managed Liverpool once. I sold Gerrard, Torres, Carragher,Keane,Kuyt and Babel then retired............hehehe All in the space of a 2 week period.

Archived