How do you download Patch's and install them?

Not being the most IT savay and not finding a simple guide to updating the game on the forum, just wondered if anyone could provide a dumbed down version of how i can install the latest patch.

Please, please help as id love to immerse myself in the game i used to waste hours of my life playing when i should have been at college... ahh those were the days!!

All you have to do is download it to anywhere on your computer (I have a folder for all FM stuff I download so I put it in there) and then simply double click it to run it. Also, make sure that FM is not running at the time

Should you have any more questions or any problems, then just come back on here and post em up :thup:

Ive downloaded a file saved in the "Football Manager 2009" folder called "fm2009_920-pc.exe.torrent" however when i double click it i get the following message...

Windows cannot open this file: fm2009_920-pc.exe.torrent. To open this file, Windows needs to know what program you want to use to open it. Windows can go online to look it up automatically, or you can manually select from a list of programs that are installed on your computer.

What do i do now?

Right, what you have downloaded there isn't actually the patch, it is the torrent file you can use to download the patch if you have a torrent client, like bittorrent or utorrent. I would advise you to choose one of the direct download options in the patch thread, such as the rapidshare link, you will than have the correct file that you can double click to install the patch

Also, I forgot to mention, make sure you download the correct patch for what you are using, ie PC or Mac, FM or WSM

Archived