My opinions on things to change

Roo

I want to express my opinions on this game, since i'm quite dissapointed at a couple of areas of the game that shouldn't exist, but continue to do so.

Foots and CA

This is a real problem. Being strong on both feet should not affect attributes negatively. I can see the point on the technical attributes, but then again an either footed player would probably have better technique than a one-footed player. BUT mental and physical attributes should NOT be affected WHATSOEVER.

Positions

Players are still becoming accomplished in MR/ML/MC if they are accomplished in AMR/AML/DM. This should not happen. A striker like Henry could maybe be accomplished at AML, but he would never be played at ML. Why are the researchers not trusted to put in the right positions? They should not be overruled.

Also some of the new features are bugging, though not as much.

Forward Runs

To me it seems that forward runs and mentality are to much alike in this game. Giving a player forward runs often seems to position him longer up the field. That shouldn't be the case. Forward Runs should happen when a teammate in line with/further up the field than the player in question has the ball, the player should seek holes in front of him, while his starting position should be determined by his position and mentality.

Mentality

This is a minor issue, but i'm the kind of guy that naturally sets his central defenders as defensive, his midefielders as normal, and hi attackers as attacking. I like playing offense, so in any case it would be the higher notches of defensive/normal/attacking. In this game however it seems playing attacking football recquires even higher mentality settings, if you wish to keep your lines close enough together. I guess i'm just a bit bugged at having my central defenders at normal mentality, as their main role should still be to act defensively

I want to express my opinions on this game, since i'm quite dissapointed at a couple of areas of the game that shouldn't exist, but continue to do so.

Foots and CA

This is a real problem. Being strong on both feet should not affect attributes negatively. I can see the point on the technical attributes, but then again an either footed player would probably have better technique than a one-footed player. BUT mental and physical attributes should NOT be affected WHATSOEVER.

It doesn't. It doesn't affect attributes in the slightest. CAs will simply go up instead.

Positions

Players are still becoming accomplished in MR/ML/MC if they are accomplished in AMR/AML/DM. This should not happen. A striker like Henry could maybe be accomplished at AML, but he would never be played at ML. Why are the researchers not trusted to put in the right positions? They should not be overruled.

Because they will be able to play there with some ability? Look at it this way: you could want to play them in ML/R/C at some point. If you can play AML, the chances are you can play ML if you have a lot of freedom. The AI knows this and plays AMLs in ML. Therefore, to guide the player, they were added by default.

FWIW if a researcher sets Henry's ML position to 5 then he won't be accomplished in AML- but the AI will still know that he can play there.

Also some of the new features are bugging, though not as much.

Forward Runs

To me it seems that forward runs and mentality are to much alike in this game. Giving a player forward runs often seems to position him longer up the field. That shouldn't be the case. Forward Runs should happen when a teammate in line with/further up the field than the player in question has the ball, the player should seek holes in front of him, while his starting position should be determined by his position and mentality.

Yeah, you're pretty much right. See TT&F.

Mentality

This is a minor issue, but i'm the kind of guy that naturally sets his central defenders as defensive, his midefielders as normal, and hi attackers as attacking. I like playing offense, so in any case it would be the higher notches of defensive/normal/attacking. In this game however it seems playing attacking football recquires even higher mentality settings, if you wish to keep your lines close enough together. I guess i'm just a bit bugged at having my central defenders at normal mentality, as their main role should still be to act defensively

I'm exactly the same, I just ignore what the Ass Man says and I get by fine.

Stupid 10 character rule

It doesn't. It doesn't affect attributes in the slightest. CAs will simply go up instead.

So two-footed players will be bumped, or one-footed players will decrease? Anyway, imo that's just a case of two wrongs NOT aking a right

Because they will be able to play there with some ability? Look at it this way: you could want to play them in ML/R/C at some point. If you can play AML, the chances are you can play ML if you have a lot of freedom. The AI knows this and plays AMLs in ML. Therefore, to guide the player, they were added by default.

FWIW if a researcher sets Henry's ML position to 5 then he won't be accomplished in AML- but the AI will still know that he can play there.

I know why it's there, but that way of thought simply doesn't reflect real football. If this has to be in the game at least make it like this:

Natural AMR/AML/DM = Accomplished MR/ML/MC

Accomplished AMR/AML/DM = Competent MR/ML/MC (This is also accomplished in the game)

My problem is not that natural AMR/AML/DM's become accomplished MR/ML/MC. There's no differentiation between natural/accomplished wingers. I hope you see my case.

Foots and CA

As far as I'm aware, being two-footed takes up some of a players maximum CA(or PA) so a player of equal ca to a two footed player, will have some stats higher, however irc being two-footed comes with benefits within the match engine so I don't think a two-footed player comes off with much loss, or benefit, compared to a single footed player

Positions

Okay here I'm sure it's a matter of common scence, while as you say Henry is(or was) never used at ML, if needs be it would be a expected that he could play there if other alternatives could not be found, since ML is a more defensive version of an AML

Those are my thoughts on the subject, I'll leave the others to the more tacticlly astute of the forum.

As far as I'm aware, being two-footed takes up some of a players maximum CA(or PA) so a player of equal ca to a two footed player, will have some stats higher, however irc being two-footed comes with benefits within the match engine so I don't think a two-footed player comes off with much loss, or benefit, compared to a single footed player

Exactly. The problem being imo that mental or physical stats should not "look" lower in the game for a two-footed player. In the match engine he might be as fast/strong as anyone, but by the look of his stats, he is of normal speed/strength

Mental/Physical stats should not be affected by two-footedness

Okay here I'm sure it's a matter of common scence, while as you say Henry is(or was) never used at ML, if needs be it would be a expected that he could play there if other alternatives could not be found, since ML is a more defensive version of an AML

My point is, that researches would have the knowledge of how good a player is in any given position. Anyway if this is to be in the game:

Natural Wingers/DM --> Accomplished Side midfielders/CM

Accomplished Wingers/DM --> Competent Side midfielders/CM (not accomplished as well)

So two-footed players will be bumped, or one-footed players will decrease? Anyway, imo that's just a case of two wrongs NOT aking a right

The first one. Anyway, you're wrong- it makes perfect sense. If there are two players in real life, one is purely right footed but can do anything with that foot, the other is the same but can use both feet equally well, then who is the better player? The second player, so he should have a higher CA. It's simple, people need to stop thinking of it as "his attributes are low because he's both footed", and instead as "his CA is higher because he's a better player". It's like saying that fast players are penalised for being fast or good tacklers are penalised for being good tacklers.

The first one. Anyway, you're wrong- it makes perfect sense. If there are two players in real life, one is purely right footed but can do anything with that foot, the other is the same but can use both feet equally well, then who is the better player? The second player, so he should have a higher CA. It's simple, people need to stop thinking of it as "his attributes are low because he's both footed", and instead as "his CA is higher because he's a better player". It's like saying that fast players are penalised for being fast or good tacklers are penalised for being good tacklers.

I see your point, but I don't see the two-footed players being really bumped in the game (Match Engine aside). The one-footed players look much stronger going by their skills, which they really shouldn't.

I see your point, but I don't see the two-footed players being really bumped in the game (Match Engine aside). The one-footed players look much stronger going by their skills, which they really shouldn't.

Now you say match engine aside, but that's exactly the thing with this, the two footedness comes through in the ME and as far as I'm aware only there, so while you may choose not to sign a two footed player because he has worse stats the AI managers will see the two-footedness and take this into account, because it knows that the ME does to.

Now you say match engine aside, but that's exactly the thing with this, the two footedness comes through in the ME and as far as I'm aware only there, so while you may choose not to sign a two footed player because he has worse stats the AI managers will see the two-footedness and take this into account, because it knows that the ME does to.

Sure, but then again the human player won't have the same knowledge as the AI, because they mainly look at the skills of a player and don't take two-footedness into account as often as the AI.So really there's an advantage to the AI here.

IRL though nobody would sit back though and say this guy x is not as fast/strong as y because he is two-footed. When buying players though you really don't look at ME to see how fast a player is, you turn to his stats. There you may be fooled, because the player is two-footed.

Bottom-line: While ME eliminates these advantages of the one-footed player, the human player is still fooled by the stats shown in the game

Archived