What's the best football manager you have ever played?

05 was special for me. I am really warming to 09 compared to 08 as well :)

Exactly the same for me. 05 was the version I played the longest and only stopped as my hard drive died! Couldn't get into 08 at all but 09 is growing on me everyday and is probably joint top with 05 at the moment but just ready to take the lead.

CM (1) italia 93/94 I played this after playing CM1 with the fake player names and loved it as it had real players and the greatest league in the world (at the time). Some real legends in the game Van Basten, Maradona, Baggio, Pierre-Papin, Michael & Brian Laudrup, Maldini, Zenga, Cantona, Shearer, Gullit, Lentini, Albertini, Stoickov, Vialli etc. Great game!

CM2 was impressive for its time too, but the next most memorable was CM 99/00. More playable than the previous CM3 and much more polished.

From there the most impressed I've been with the series has been FM 2008 which I felt was a genuine step forward in the game play and match engine. I quite like GM09 so far too.

I loved cm 01/02 probs cause it was my first of the series that i bought. Was only about 10 at time remember having a cracking game where i managed valencia. Out of the fm games not to sure. I liked fm 07 though I think 09 isn't to bad, no way as bad as 08 imo anyway.

Archived