New laptop, can I move my game across

Hey guys,

I've got a new laptop and want to take my football manager game across to it. Can I just unistall the game from my old laptop and it will be available on the new one, or do I install it onto new laptop first and it will be available?

Cheers

Graham

You can do so, either uninstall the game (de activate it as well), then reinstall it on your new PC and activate it again.

Also you might want to move your save games, tactics, schedules, short list etc. TO do this just copy the My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009 folder to your new PC.

IF you want to use a save game form your old PC, make sure that on the new PC the same database is used. If you use a database coming with the game or with any patch, make sure you patch the game (then install the correct patch as well). If you have created a database your self, you should copy this as well. You can find the created database at My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\db. In the db folder you will find a other folder with the name you (might) have given to your created database, copy this to your new laptop to the same location (My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\db)

good luck.

Archived