Does anyone ever get scout resuts from africa ??

I have my scout searching africa at the mo, He is currently on a roaming type search, But I have never got any results,and he been away ages,,,, and I dont remember getting many in last years game either. You would think with the amount of talent coming from that continent you might get more luck,,,,not even any regen finds ? Same with searching SE Asia. Has anyone found any by scouts ???

i dont have their lgs loaded,,but neither do i have scandanavian or eastern Europe,,and get results from those areas

Same here, no scout reports and dont have leagues loaded but get them from most European countries and dont have their leagues loaded?

african players have disappeared from my long term game. I am in year 2025 with Hyde and there is not a single african player of note (i will confirm this in the evening). I never get scouting results or even mediocre player recommendations from scouts despite the fact that i have been scouting africa for a decade.

I do get lots of brazilian/argentine players as well lots of euro players even some asian players but no african players. i only have english leagues running.

Seems like something is broken somewhere

Discounting when I played in the South African league and obviously got hundreds of reports I quite often see reports from snooping around Africa its just that it takes them quite a long time to scout the areas that you are most likely to find a good player in so its possible they got snapped up while he was looking in a different place.

I have never seen a scout find a player in Africa on any FM. I don't even bother trying to scout there anymore, it's bad enough that when scouting S. America the scout spends 1-2 years scouting Colombia, Peru, Chile, etc and finding no players. Eastern Europe is a bad area to scout as well.

The onyl time I have ever signed a player from an African club is if I use an external program to scout players there.

I started an FM07 game in which I chose to retain all players from most African nations so in that game there are obviously quite a lot, but in other games (FM08) I never had any luck from scouting Africa when I didn't specifically retain any players from those nations.

to get players form these 3rd world nations you would need to run the league as playable' date=' loading a league in as view only still leave most clubs with 90% greyed out players[/quote']

Tunisia, Ghana, Nigeria, Egypt, Morocco, South Africa etc..

Are not 3rd world nations.

Did you do geography in school?

& Those leagues are not selectable, you are talking like African nations are purposely non included unless selected otherwise.

It depends on database size and leagues loaded... having the French leagues loaded should (I have no proof) produce more regens from former French colonies. If you want to know whether it's actually worth searching a region and don't mind a small amount of 'cheating', use a scouting tool but remove all the columns except the known factors like name/age/nationality... some regions simply produce no regens.

There does seem to be some sort of problem in FM09 with Africa and regen production in general though, which makes managing an African nation very difficult.

Good Q.

It's probably due to fact that you didn't load any african nations players.

But even with that, this is problem and should be sorted. At least one player from time to time should be discovered.

When I look manually (or with some 3rd party scout)...I'm able to find several african players in most known nations, bu I wonder why they can't be seen by scouts...futher more because there are only few several players based in Africa (if you have only one playable nation...).

Tunisia, Ghana, Nigeria, Egypt, Morocco, South Africa etc..

Are not 3rd world nations.

Did you do geography in school?

& Those leagues are not selectable, you are talking like African nations are purposely non included unless selected otherwise.

Actually , the term 3rd World Countries or Nations has almost nothing to do with Geographic location!

Look Here!

But, back on topic, I've found similiar problems In Africa. As well as Asia.

Personally, I've noticed that if you use large database and add all countries with "load all players", you will have no problem with finding players in Africa or Asia. However, on FM09, this is practically suicide if you don't have access to NASA's dataprocessors (yea, it's too slow otherwise), so if you favour variety over new graphics and such... Play FM08.

Never recieved a scout report from Africa. League running or not, i never get anything from Africa. That's with my Arsenal scouts.

Arsenal are a good team so many of the african players won't be good enough.

You need to load some african leagues and send a good scout there who has good knowledge of african countries. He'll find the best resuts.

Example: Moyahan Toure

CA-16

PA-19

Knowledge of Eygpt, Nigeria, Ghana and South Africa full

Arsenal are a good team so many of the african players won't be good enough.

You need to load some african leagues and send a good scout there who has good knowledge of african countries. He'll find the best resuts.

Example: Moyahan Toure

CA-16

PA-19

Knowledge of Eygpt, Nigeria, Ghana and South Africa full

Well, there is only one African league. And it's not like i've only tried with Arsenal and their scouts. I have even played with all leagues playable, with several different teams and they still can't find a single player. African knowledge from the scouts or not.

I don't doubt that there are players there, but my scouts never seem to find anything. Whether they are good or crap.

Good players tend to spawn in some teams like ASEC (Ivory Coast), Hearts of Oak (Ghana), Enyimba (Nigeria), AS Douanes (Togo) and a couple of others. But, as I mentioned, for anything to spawn down here you need to have all players from those nations loaded. Otherwise it'll be quite dead.

Archived