Why are Arsenal nearly unstoppable on this game?

Seriously annoying me, in just about every game iv had they've won the league time after time. Not only that but some years they have gone unbeaten. One year they won the league with with 6 draws and the rest were wins. Its hard to compete with them!!!

because theyre good....remember it wasnt that many years ago where irl they went undefeated...

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/tables?league=eng.1&season=2003&seasonType=1&column=none&order=true&cc=5901

because theyre good....remember it wasnt that many years ago where irl they went undefeated...

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/tables?league=eng.1&season=2003&seasonType=1&column=none&order=true&cc=5901

Yeh but it's now 2009 mate, they don't have all the world class stars they had 5 years back

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/table/default.stm

and there not good

They have good players and a good tactician in charge, simple as that.

From my personal experiences with the game, they are nowhere near as overpowered or unbeatable as other people have made out, for example, in my Man City save, they finished 6th and I hammered them 4-0 in the FA cup semi

In my game I'm in year 2013, They have won the league every year. This is a joke and it especially irks me as I'm manager of Tottenham and an ardent supporter.

This is plain wrong, is'nt Sir Alex Ferguson a genius?, is'nt Man utd the most successful side in premiership history? Are'nt Man Utd a bigger club than Arsenal?

Its really spoilt the game for me you spend all this time trying to make the game realistic and then allow something like this to happen!

In my game I'm in year 2013, They have won the league every year. This is a joke and it especially irks me as I'm manager of Tottenham and an ardent supporter.

This is plain wrong, is'nt Sir Alex Ferguson a genius?, is'nt Man utd the most successful side in premiership history? Are'nt Man Utd a bigger club than Arsenal?

Its really spoilt the game for me you spend all this time trying to make the game realistic and then allow something like this to happen!

See, Ferguson is a genius, and the last two comments are irrelevant as United's rep is higher than Arsenal's anyway. It's just that the ME favours short passing, and Arsenal have a side well set up to play a short passing game and a manager who favours it. They also have a younger side than United and the young players progress rapidly as they're in the "perfect enviroment".

To the OP: do a search next time! :)

it's not beacsaue there players are over rated, after 5 season's i wanted to see how many stars the players had going by assistant report, eve tho Arsenal was by far the best team on my game, they had the least amount of stars going by there assistant.

it's not beacsaue there players are over rated' date=' after 5 season's i wanted to see how many stars the players had going by assistant report, eve tho Arsenal was by far the best team on my game, they had the least amount of stars going by there assistant.[/quote']

You don't know how the stars work. It's based on mean CA and how close the player is too it.

1 star= far below

4 stars= very close

7 stars= far above

So, if you had a squad full of CA 180 players, they'd all have 4 stars. However, if you had a team full of CA 10 players and a sole CA 45 player, he'd have 7 stars.

I've always felt as if the game simply can't handle the way Arsenal play. But also, some of their players seem vastly overrated. Adebayor is pretty much the best striker on the game.

That's because he's physically a beast and FM hates them. Where's Eddie Johnson got to?

You don't know how the stars work. It's based on mean CA and how close the player is too it.

1 star= far below

4 stars= very close

7 stars= far above

So, if you had a squad full of CA 180 players, they'd all have 4 stars. However, if you had a team full of CA 10 players and a sole CA 45 player, he'd have 7 stars.

thats not tue mate, they are a representation of how good a player is for that league, if not why does a player in the championship have 7 stars and yet it goes down to 4 stars in the prem to go back upto 7 stars after relegation?

but yes if you read a scouts report they have low stars when they have not reached there full potential.

it's a cage of where they are now, so arsenal having less stars means there players have less CA than those with a higher CA, that can be proved using an editor too.

i noticed this also, in my game the best you can hope for is try and keep up with them throughout the season, they also sometimes extend 10-15 point gaps between them and second place! i have never lost to them with my team on my current game save but no matter how many times you beat them they always come back strong and win a load of games back to back. they also seem to always have the most penalties in the league too! but i love beating them in the cup

The problem is that on their day, Arsenal are probably the best team in world football. Yet they have a problem with mental fitness that FM can't cope with. So, while their stats as individuals are probably correct, their real life flakiness cannot be transfered to the FM arena. Plus the overrating of Bendtner! I have yet to meet a real life Arsenal fan who thinks he is anywhere near as good as he is in FM, lol. But thats beside the point.

The problem is that on their day, Arsenal are probably the best team in world football. Yet they have a problem with mental fitness that FM can't cope with. So, while their stats as individuals are probably correct, their real life flakiness cannot be transfered to the FM arena. Plus the overrating of Bendtner! I have yet to meet a real life Arsenal fan who thinks he is anywhere near as good as he is in FM, lol. But thats beside the point.

i completely agree with everything you just said, arsenal do play the best football in the league, but the unstability of the moral hasnt been recognised, one day they could be playing out of this world, another day they are being beaten by hull. bendtner is so overrated, i just wish i could ask my players to break his legs.

thats not tue mate' date=' they are a representation of how good a player is for that league, if not why does a player in the championship have 7 stars and yet it goes down to 4 stars in the prem to go back upto 7 stars after relegation?

but yes if you read a scouts report they have low stars when they have not reached there full potential.

it's a cage of where they are now, so arsenal having less stars means there players have less CA than those with a higher CA, that can be proved using an editor too.[/quote']

I'm not disagreeing with you on the "Arsenal have low CAs" point, I know it's correct.

I am saying that you don't know how the stars in the Assman's report works. Sure, league reputation plays a part, but the fact remains that it is largely based on mean CA. Don't believe me? Why does Kaka (CA over 180, won't reveal exact number) show up as a five star player in my Flamengo save? Surely with such a high CA he is a star for the Brazilian league, but my squad in general has such a high CA that he doesn't look like a world class player.

I think a few people are slightly overrated. Yeah they have the potential but some of their youngsters have been given the stats of what they've yet to show in real life. For example Walcott, Vela, Clichy. They start off brilliant...i know they have the potential to be that good but when you think of the potential they fill out in FM it seems unreal.

I think a few people are slightly overrated. Yeah they have the potential but some of their youngsters have been given the stats of what they've yet to show in real life. For example Walcott, Vela, Clichy. They start off brilliant...i know they have the potential to be that good but when you think of the potential they fill out in FM it seems unreal.

Walcott is average except for pace in FM. Vela is great, I take it you don't follow Spanish football? As for Clichy, he's in the top five left backs in the world, no questions, and I'd personally rank him third, not far behind Cole.

I'm at the start of 2016 (8 or so seasons).. Arsenals trophy cabinet contains (note I have basically every top league loaded, so it's not because barca/whatever aren't in the game properly):

Premier League, Premier League, Premier League, Premier League, Premier League, Premier League.

Champions League, Champions League, Champions League, Champions League.

FA Cup, FA Cup, FA Cup, FA Cup.

Super Cup, Super Cup.

Club World Cup, Club World Cup, Club World Cup.

Community Shield, Community Shield, Community Shield, Community Shield, Community Shield.

That's 24 trophies in 8 years, they did the Treble in 2010/11, but lost the FA and CL finals in the last season to miss out again.

The most annoying part? For the first 4 seasons they bought one big player. They spent 40 million on Guardardo. That was it. Their basic squad won the Treble.

Goals scored in the League:

92 with next highest being 71

81 to 75.

100 to 88.

etc etc, in 09/10 they scored 92 with the next highest being united with 67.

I'm not disagreeing with you on the "Arsenal have low CAs" point, I know it's correct.

I am saying that you don't know how the stars in the Assman's report works. Sure, league reputation plays a part, but the fact remains that it is largely based on mean CA. Don't believe me? Why does Kaka (CA over 180, won't reveal exact number) show up as a five star player in my Flamengo save? Surely with such a high CA he is a star for the Brazilian league, but my squad in general has such a high CA that he doesn't look like a world class player.

So your saying at Flamengo you have player's with more than 180 CA?

isnt it the same as when a scout gives you a report on a player? depending on there current Ca and the players you have in your squad? obviously he will have more stars to a championship team as apposed to a prem team with better players?

thats not tue mate' date=' they are a representation of how good a player is for that league, if not why does a player in the championship have 7 stars and yet it goes down to 4 stars in the prem to go back upto 7 stars after relegation?

it's a cage of where they are now, so arsenal having less stars means there players have less CA than those with a higher CA, that can be proved using an editor too.[/quote']

I think they are representation of how good are they for a club reputation. For example if player is world class and is playing in world class team he will have only 4 or 5 stars.

Here is another example...I'm managing probably the worst club in Serbian 2nd division. League has 18 teams and my team is only one in league that is half-proffesional (all other are proffesional). Also by looking editor, players are among the worse in league and finance situation is worst in league. Media prediction is to finish 17th.

But still...all my players have 7 star reports. That is only because I'm newly promoted team with low reputation and because club bought some good players for that division. (player quality is better than club reputation). So, you are not right, otherwise I would have team that could easily won promotion.

About your example. Reports went down to 4 stars only because reputation of your club is bigger when team gets promoted, so when they relegated again, reputation fall, so your player quality is bigger than club reputation.

arsenal for first few seasons would always come second with the top team changing between chelsea and man u, then a disaster season for chelsea( managerless for 4 years lol) and they got relegated hahaha, they were promoted the following year but i looked and they had no staff as they were in major financial trouble lol, while chelsea where in championship arsenal had hired campbell as manager and he didnt do well and they then got relegated hahaha, so campbell was fired and hired by reading, reading are now in the top 10 teams in the world and for past 2 seasons have come second hahaha, my pompey team are world no. 1 though :D

there not nearly unstoppable on mine they are unstoppable, i usually lose 1-0 to them which in context isnt that bad considering ive got what 2 players over 10 million and all their teams is rated over 10 million.Theyve won the league every year on mine.

Seriously annoying me, in just about every game iv had they've won the league time after time. Not only that but some years they have gone unbeaten. One year they won the league with with 6 draws and the rest were wins. Its hard to compete with them!!!

Here's your answer: http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/arsenal-special-edition-of-football-manager ;)

Arsenal are vastly overrated in the game. For **** sake they haven't won anything in 4 years and they're still the best rated team in FM09.

Archived