my 5year wonderkid training

ok hear it is, my wonderkid project. to basicly show you what a "wonderkid" would look like

in 5years.

so my 1st 2 were the top rated "at the time" spanish kids i could find & my scouts ashured

me that luis would wipe the floor with fabregas & alex was the best thing to hit football

since the Balls were invented.

however after 5 years & a good run of games each, not includeing the euro cups & league

prizes thay have won i have to say that im dissapointed with these 2 & i also have to say that my former scouts have lost there jobs lol. but on a good note i did make £14m & £8.7m profit so i guess that wonderkids are an ok investment.

so looking at where the levels these kids were at when iv bought them iv changed my recruitment policy to only sign kids like these "last 3" who i think are the true regen wonders of fm09. & if your kids dont look like these players... dont sighn them.

5year screens of them comeing up in a thew days lol.

beforejoseluiswv6.png

joseluisol6.png

joseluishistoryhz3.png

i never actually realised regen's faces changed...pretty cool

IMO most regens seem t fall short, previous signings of mine just havent reached the heights they were expected to

I find they often have weird combinations of stats that make them really rather useless.

Check this guy out:

He's naturally a midfielder. But with those stats in decisions, tackling, off the ball etc. there's no way he's going to play for Man Utd anytime soon.

01292009001326tf9.jpg

I have an entire reserve team full of these ..

Hmm I think I am not playing my kids enough then. Judging by your screenshots, you are treating them as 1st team regulars from 17/18 years of age.

I always thought that would ultimately ****** their development ..

i only put them in against weaker oppos & i usaly subed them or had them in with very good players like ronaldo & ramos.

by those shots training looks rubbish lol. doesnt matter what their PA is its all about there CA. bit annoying when one of the best parts of the game should be grooming the youngsters?

might aswell have the old style regen system!

playing game's outdose training by 2 to 1 & these guys have been playing for real. also when your team wins a trophy your players get a CA boost & these players have atleast 2 CL wins & league titles.

not to mention all my coatches are to notch & the training sceduals are custom with players in groups like, middie, striker, defenders.

all the training in each group is set to maximise each position, st max shooting ect ect.

I find they often have weird combinations of stats that make them really rather useless.

Check this guy out:

He's naturally a midfielder. But with those stats in decisions, tackling, off the ball etc. there's no way he's going to play for Man Utd anytime soon.

He is Quality player, will be a future world player of the year if I was his manager!

His decisions are crap cos he's only a boy, his tackling is crap cos he isn't Roy Keane but more like Roberto Baggio. Dont waste him playing in central midfield, play him up front with a striker or just behind the front two with a free role.

He is Quality player, will be a future world player of the year if I was his manager!

His decisions are crap cos he's only a boy, his tackling is crap cos he isn't Roy Keane but more like Roberto Baggio. Dont waste him playing in central midfield, play him up front with a striker or just behind the front two with a free role.

Bingo - Peter Beardsley reborn :D

First team games will aid the development of your players, however as someone said earlier, there is a chance players will burn out if you play them too often.

When you say a chance, what offsets this? Natural fitness, stamina? And how do you know, in game, when a player is experiencing 'burn out'? Jadedness?

playing game's outdose training by 2 to 1 & these guys have been playing for real. also when your team wins a trophy your players get a CA boost & these players have atleast 2 CL wins & league titles.

not to mention all my coatches are to notch & the training sceduals are custom with players in groups like, middie, striker, defenders.

all the training in each group is set to maximise each position, st max shooting ect ect.

exactly. that makes players growth even WORSE in the game.

its annoying, takes a lot of fun out of watching youngsters develop cause they hardly develop at all

When you say a chance, what offsets this? Natural fitness, stamina? And how do you know, in game, when a player is experiencing 'burn out'? Jadedness?

presumably it depends on what you get them to do. if you play your youngsters every game but tell them to stand in the corner and not move much then they wouldn't get burnt out.

if your telling them to get up and down the flank all day long and your playing them in 50+ games a s eason then they will.

First team games will aid the development of your players, however as someone said earlier, there is a chance players will burn out if you play them too often.

what are you saying?

that because these players played theyv turned out crap...

i dont for 1 second beleive that you\si have went into a little detail like a youth not developeing because hes played a lot of games.

for you do put that into your programing you be contradicting a player developeing for accualy playing games...

& im always being told by my assistant that there comein along nicely thanx to there 1st team involvment.

i see your point where a young player is "in need of a rest" or "ends up at 60% by half time" but who plays kids when thayr like that?

presumably it depends on what you get them to do. if you play your youngsters every game but tell them to stand in the corner and not move much then they wouldn't get burnt out.

if your telling them to get up and down the flank all day long and your playing them in 50+ games a s eason then they will.

you cant say i burned out these 2...

if anything thay didnt play enuth? & cassilas played 58minimum along with ramos & such.

i think that the main issue is...

dont buy youngsters unless thay look as good as, lets see... "barry ferguson" basicly VERY GOOD STATS at a young age.

im in my 10th season & iv bought ALL the best youth players i could find & only young players with very good stats actuly end up as world class players.

i know exactly what the problem is mate,

if you had of used genie scout to check there CA and Pa you would of found as a wonderkid they would of been playing very close to there PA, as an example CA=150 PA=180/190

now if you look closely at the players they have high stats that are far and way above some other crucuail stats that the player would need to be world class..

as an example, how do you think Gerrard would be if he only had 14 for Off ball etc, or Viera if he only had 12 for tackling and possistioning..

they have good stats but they dont have good key stats, no matter how much you train a player he will never make up a stat of 10 to give him 20 for a crucial stats when most of the others are way above 16 etc..

as far as i can see i think this is a majour flaw with regens, they get given a good PA but then have random stats for there possition. .

these crucial stats let them down..

just as an exampleJose Luis has low composure and will buckle under preasure. he's not that great at shooting and he's poor in the air.

Alex moreno has low determination and will give up easily but other stats make him fairly good and a player i would choose from the one's listed if any.

Webb, Low positioning, poor decision making and concentration is low.. bravery and aggresion is low, basicly he's a whimp. he will never be a Gerrad.

none of them players will be any where near Gerrard, Rooney, fabregas etc

all these good regens have low stats.

what are you saying?

that because these players played theyv turned out crap...

i dont for 1 second beleive that you\si have went into a little detail like a youth not developeing because hes played a lot of games.

for you do put that into your programing you be contradicting a player developeing for accualy playing games...

& im always being told by my assistant that there comein along nicely thanx to there 1st team involvment.

i see your point where a young player is "in need of a rest" or "ends up at 60% by half time" but who plays kids when thayr like that?

When SI talk about young player burn out I don't think they mean in terms of fitness, getting knackered. They mean reaching the peak of his PA too early. For example, a CB will normally peak aged about 28-32- his mental stats will be high with experience, he'll be physically at his strongest before the pace/stamina stats decline in his 30s and his technical stats should be at their best. But playing a 16y/o CB week in week out will result in his technical stats reaching a peak before he's gained the maturity, ie positioning, decisions etc, or the physical ability, to be world class. When he's 28 and should be incredible his technical stats would already be on the decline having reached a peak aged 23-24, so having good mental stats gained from experience would count for nothing when his marking has dropped to 10.

Well, there's one way to find out: Buy 11 16 year old wonderkids and play them in everything. I'm gonna take a wild guess and say that 1/2 of those will go mental by the time they're 18 or 19. Just how they'll suffer is hard to say: terrible injuries? jadedness? unhappy for no good reason? Bust-ups in the dressing room? However it works I'm pretty confident it is in the game.

It doesn't contradict the idea that playing games is good for youth at all. Eating is good for you. Eat 50 cheeseburgers a day and eating is bad for you. No contradiction, just a range.

ive noticed that youth seem to develop a lot better at computer controled clubs.

no matter what i do they dont seem to develop as fast.

and i know what im doing as far as training etc so dont pull mention all the usual suspects.

has anyone else noticed this?

my players develop ok, some do very well, but not as consistantly as the ai clubs youth.

ok 1st to wayne's post.

i beleive that si would make it so that "your key stats" could & should rise to a good level

& to proove it iv posted webb now. you mentiond had Low positioning, poor decision making

and concentration is low? the reason he wont be the next gerard or beckham is because he'll be the next STUART WEBB & bye the look of him after just 2years i would say weeeeee

stuart webb was 16 when i took the screen & alex & luis were 18. meaning that there stats

were slightly worse. im saying that if you want to get youth players to train then webb is

the kind of player you want to be recruiting & anything less will turn out as just good players.

i dont beleive that playing youth's make them bad of hamper there development AT ALL, & iv

been playing fm to cm for a long time & in that time you learn to have a six-sence about

these things?...

to matthiele where you say that the youth at other clubs seem to develope better. i find

your right a bit. but i only see that happening at meddium clubs that accualy play youth,

mainly because man u & ars & liver & barca always play there 30million players where ass im

fm i notice that big players dont want to move to "west btom & hull" & iv seen them buying

some brillant youngsters & thay play them. where as i sold a fantastic middefeilder to man u

& he played 5 games in 2years & ended up worse than when i sold him to them.

infact he was so good when i sold him that i felt guilty when i seen how he was wasted at

united lol.

anyway as i said...

iv bought lots of the best youth in the game, but alex & luis were the youths i picked at

the time for my 5 year experiment.

hear are some of the others, thayr not brillieant but...

1st choise pick for liverpool who were league champions & are always in the top 3.

alexcuellarnb1.png

now an england international.

chrispowerfw4.png

also an england international.

marcileshw6.png

not 1st choise pick but hes at liverpool so i guess that means something.

simondavisonrf3.png

What you have to realise is that certain key stats effect the fluency of talent on offer.

If you take the best players IRl and take key thing's away from there game, they wouldn't be the players they are! In football today espeically the Prem, you need all round complete players- naturel athlets..

my point is, you have players that look good and contain only 80% of crucial stats, if you find a player with 90% quality in all key area's he will be a better player hey no?

To prove my point, my mate would buy players like the ones on display and think he shoudl win the league because he has players with great stats, i on the other hand would not, i want players with stats in key areas, even if overall they look a worse player..

take John terry IRL, if he only had 10 for positioning he wouldn't be the player he is, but to counter this low stat if he had high pace and high concentration it may be enough to help him threw playing at a higher level, as much as there are many different player stats, they are all linked in bundles..

if you get him scouted im sure the scout will list some of these as weaknesses, alos a very key stats, you need to check his consistancy rating because if it's below a 10 then that is one of the reason's for low rating's

I often find that a kid lacks a stat or two in a key area...... so i custom schedule thier training, putting heavy emphasis on the area that trains the stat they are lacking, and low and behold, a few years later they will have decent stats in that area.

Course... some people dont like doing individual training schedules for each player, but then you cant expect to get amazing youth development that way. Would be totally unrealistic.

well webb went from 6 & 10 for "off the ball" "positioning" & a lot of his other stats are riseing well.

good answer\solution diamond.

if you want a player to improve in a certin area then you should train him in it.

but im getting to thinking that the more a pl;ayer improves 1 stat, then it takes away some pa for other stats. so i guess you should be looking at what stats you want your players to have - speed or passing, positioning or shooting?...

i heard that fm dosnt let you have a player with 20's all across his stats so yeh what stats do you think makes a player better.

in fm09 i think that pace, acceleration, drobbling & composure are the most importint.

Check this guy out:

01292009001326tf9.jpg

I have an entire reserve team full of these ..

Slow, creative, good technique - classic gap player imho with reasonable stats for that position.

through four years....

steve.jpg

hodson.jpg

hodson2013.jpg

hod.jpg

somehow his stats is not growing through the last two seasons. however my scout (a 20/20 one) says he still can become a six star player. i'll continue playing him and see how he grows up to be.

that player will never be in the mould of Rooney' date=' Tevez or Robinho because his decision making lets him down..[/quote']

if you were talking about hodson, yeah i agree he's something like Tevez.. although not as good.

have seen him scoring magical goals before, but have seen him making stupid plays such as playing to the corner flag even though my team is losing

if you were talking about hodson, yeah i agree he's something like Tevez.. although not as good.

have seen him scoring magical goals before, but have seen him making stupid plays such as playing to the corner flag even though my team is losing

it's a shame that such a good player has to have 1 stat that lets him down to be one of the worlds best ever players, it's the same with all regens it seems.

You see, its probably too late to fix now, but you could have remedied that by tweaking his training to put much a much heavier focus on Tactics, which increases his Decisions, and would also push his OTB up higher, which for a winger/AM/Forward is a vital stat.

And his decisions isnt that low anyway. Once his peaked, should still be 14, and thats not terrible, its not like his a DM or even a CM, so if he does lose the ball, they still have alot of work to do before its a goal chance. 14 is plenty enough for attacking role imo.

Archived