game not defaulting to tv view anymore?

Its because you have viewed a game in text only or 2d classic...you can easily change it back at the beginning of the match... At the match analisys screen at the bottom you can choose your standard...classic mode or 3d tv view

Its because you have viewed a game in text only or 2d classic...you can easily change it back at the beginning of the match... At the match analisys screen at the bottom you can choose your standard...classic mode or 3d tv view

i dont think i'm seeing this option, whereabouts is this? anyone got a screenshot?

i had a quick FM game before i left for work this morning (mental note: dont play FM before going to work, you're going to be late again) but the last thing i did was start my upcoming CL match, and i dont know what i did but the match day engine now defaults to 3d view!

im sure i've tried almost every combination of tv view under the sun like after FT team talk, go back to the tv view then pressing continue, but i think the only thing i did different was when at the assman's feedback at the prematch, i just pressed "space" to start the match.

was willing the match to end quicker so i could save and goto work so i wont find out if its fixed it or not till this afternoon. i had assman doing the team talk so hopefully my whole squad wont be SLT when i check on them!

i have another save where im in the 2nd season and its starts in 3d mode as i want, i think i'll avoid watching replays and such as i think thats what started it off.

• 4 weeks later...
There is an option before you kickoff in the action buttons called 'View Match'. Set this to TV View and the match will auto-kickoff in TV View.

argh its come back again, its defaulting to the overview mode, damn freaky buggy game :/

as mentioned before im not seeing the option people are talking about and still would like someone to post a screenshot as im not sure im looking in the right place.

argh its come back again, its defaulting to the overview mode, damn freaky buggy game :/

as mentioned before im not seeing the option people are talking about and still would like someone to post a screenshot as im not sure im looking in the right place.

The option isn't present on a lot of cutsom skins. Use the normal skins.

There is an option before you kickoff in the action buttons called 'View Match'. Set this to TV View and the match will auto-kickoff in TV View.

I've had this explaination given to me a few times and it is not always the case.

For example, I view games in 3D but not TV view, and have the game set up in this way. However, if I use opposition instructions before a match it will start the game in TV view and I will have to exit manually. If I dont use OI's this is not the case.

Another issue that I've had since the game was released is when I make a tactical change during a game my highlights will no longer automatically show, I must choose to view them manually. These are both very annoying and, despite me raising them both in the bugs forum, show no signs of being fixed :(

EDIT: I only use the custom skin, so that's not the problem, and I run the game on XP.

For example, I view games in 3D but not TV view, and have the game set up in this way. However, if I use opposition instructions before a match it will start the game in TV view and I will have to exit manually. If I dont use OI's this is not the case.

buy this man a drink, we have a winner!

i set a OI which started the match in TV view then next game it started in TV view so least i know how to accurately fix it instead of a vague "view match" button.

If you are using the default skin, it can't be missed, its before you go to the match after you have picked your team and submitted. There is an option called view match in the left hand bottom menu , it appears in the pre match screens.

I use default skin, windowed and split screen.

What I want at the start of matchday is my team ratings on the left, match stats on the right unless a key highlight is showing which then shows in 2D (not classic) in the right side.

This requires me setting up my view at the start of each match, and after each tactical change.

It's very annoying :(

Yep, it's the tactical change thing that annoys me the most. My key highlights fail to be shown after any tactical change is made. They're still playing, but I view my player stats and the game should automatically switch to the highlights when there is one to show. Unfortunately, after a tactical change or substitution, it no longer does this and I simply have to stay on the highlights screen for the remainder of the game to avoid missing any.

In case you are still wondering where the "View Match" option is, here is the screenshot:

ArsenalvSpartaPrague.png

Sorry the screenshot was late! It took me ages to finally get to a match...

Another thing to note is, once you proceed to the "Team Talk" or "OI" screen, the "View Match" option disappears.

i sort of liked how in the past game, i had it on match view but when there was a pause in processing, it flicked back to the split screen but now in 3d mode, the huge pause is not very elegant.

That's why I still watch the 3D but don't use TV view, it should work the same was as the 2D did in FM08 and only flick onto the highlights when they're running, at all other times you can view whatever you want (player stats, league table etc).

Unfortunately, as CP and I have discovered, the highlights only show automatically until you make a tactical change.

In case you are still wondering where the "View Match" option is, here is the screenshot:

Sorry the screenshot was late! It took me ages to finally get to a match...

Another thing to note is, once you proceed to the "Team Talk" or "OI" screen, the "View Match" option disappears.

hmm, i definately dont get that, i wonder if its because im on v910 (cant stand the bojan bug)

That's why I still watch the 3D but don't use TV view, it should work the same was as the 2D did in FM08 and only flick onto the highlights when they're running, at all other times you can view whatever you want (player stats, league table etc).

Unfortunately, as CP and I have discovered, the highlights only show automatically until you make a tactical change.

i've actually grown attached to the widgets so i can see the stats all the time but nice to know the 3d non tv view flicks back.

No.

As I've said, I do not play in TV view. I play in classic view but still use the 3D. I have my game set on Key Highlights and during games I view the stats of my players. The game then automatically shows a highlight when there is one, as it's always done ever since the 2D was introduced.

However, if you make a tactical change this no longer happens, the game simply stays on the screen showing my player ratings and the highlight plays in the background.

I though that was pretty clear from the other posts in this thread tbh, along with the fact that, despite having my game set to play in classic view, if I use opposition instructions at the start of the match it starts in TV view.

You still there Skorp?

Now that you hopefully understand the problem can you answer my original question?

I've brought this up a few times in the bugs forum, and many other people have added to the threads saying that they suffer the exact same issue, but I've only had one response from the test team, which was similar to yours above. I then provided detailed steps to recreate and heard nothing since.

Even being told that this issue cannot be recreated and therefore must be down to my setup would be something, although I doubt that is the case considering the number of people I've seen mentioning the same issue.

Archived