Great Britain Olympic Team?

Hi,

I was just wondering if anybody who has played past 2012 could tell me whether there is a Team GB football team fielded on the game, as I think it is the rules that the hosts must field a competitor in every sport, so do GB in the football?

The hosts don't have to compete in every sport, but they can enter competitors into any sport they like

As for the GB football team, I aint paid any attention to it but I doubt it seeing as, AFAIK, there has been no decision made IRL as to whether we will field a team

Hi,

I was just wondering if anybody who has played past 2012 could tell me whether there is a Team GB football team fielded on the game, as I think it is the rules that the hosts must field a competitor in every sport, so do GB in the football?

I believe you are correct in what you are saying, but I doubt that SI will have made a team.

Firstly, because who would be manager?

Secondly, they wouldn't know who who to put in it.

It would probably have to be regens, because it's 3 years in the future, and all competitors must be U23, for football at least...

Great Britain is in the database though. I looked in the editor. Then again, so are West and East Germany.

They are all in the database, along with teams like Yugoslavia and USSR cuz they are past winners of competitions in the game

Great Britan will be for the nationallity thing and the two germanys along with ussr are in there because they have had an involvement in international football in years gone by.

IIRC, GB won the olympics in the 20s or sometime a long long time ago, so they would be in for that reason also

It was in 2008 though wasnt it?

I seem to remember the Final being at Anfield and I had a few players in it so I went along. Media were at a loss to exlpain me at my own ground watchin my own players iirc

Pretty sure it wasn't. I can't see it being in any version until it is definately confirmed irl.

• 8 months later...

I think it will happen in real life, even if only English players play. But until the final decision is made on composition, SI can't accurately create it.

In a way it would be good if any of the future home nations wins qualification for any Olympics, that home nation's FA deserves the right to represent GB in the Games. After all, it is that actual group of players who would have achieved qualification, so they should go. But I guess that means GB gets four chances to qualify to other country's one.

I think it will happen in real life, even if only English players play. But until the final decision is made on composition, SI can't accurately create it.

In a way it would be good if any of the future home nations wins qualification for any Olympics, that home nation's FA deserves the right to represent GB in the Games. After all, it is that actual group of players who would have achieved qualification, so they should go. But I guess that means GB gets four chances to qualify to other country's one.

It doesn't work like that.

I think we should give it to the winner of this new Celtic Cup thing, or runner up if Ireland win.

Archived