Who do you compare your managment style with

When managing your club in FM2009, what manager would you say you are most like comparing both tactical out look, playing style and your mentality with in the media..

as much as i like the Arsenal style of play, i cant resenble that managing low teams etc, i like ot base my team on a solid foundation, i would be happy to win every game 1-0..

I would have you match my own tsyle of managment with Rafa Benitez

Myself. i don't like comparising to anyone. It's not like i'm saying "hey i'm going to do almost the same as wenger/capello/ancelotti." everyone has his own style and probably there will be similarities wth other managers.

However i use a strong defence, which usually ends in the least number of goals against. Also i only leave room for creativity if a player is capable, otherwise it's almost no creatvie freedom for him

tend to play attacking football, buy yougsters, sometimes spend a lot for a single player = 150mil euros for cesc, 105mil for cr, dont care of assman advice and the media.

i am the one and only ;]

Myself. i don't like comparising to anyone. It's not like i'm saying "hey i'm going to do almost the same as wenger/capello/ancelotti." everyone has his own style and probably there will be similarities wth other managers.

I don't try to replicate Ancelotti's playing style.

It's just my pure preference to play defensively, and hit on the counter-attack.

But that'll be because I play as a Centre-Back IRL, anyway.

He's who I'm closest to, in terms of the preferred style that I opt for etc.

Ariggo Sacchi ;>

4-4-2 or (4-1-2-1-2, my own veriation)

I play a fast paced counter attacking style with direct passing, using a high defensive line using zonal marking and high pressing all over the pitch, whilst also playing very narrow. Defending with 8 players and attacking with 6.

Dont need world class players to fit, but all my players must have a high work rate and high stamina, including the forwards.

Off the pitch I'm more like Brian Clough, nuff said :p

Harry Rednapp, "talk" to the players, give them a "hug" and get their confidence up. Plus how good is it to get to shop at the bargain basement for loan signings, free buys and cheap cast-offs that turn players careers and your clubs fortunes around:D

I just do what i can to win but i would say im at the Fergie stage cause i send my assman to most press conferneces, if i'm playing a big team and it's a good win i'll turn up for it. And the style of football is Man Utd at the moment cause we're playing very well and scoring a fair amount of goals against good teams, well i say good, good for BSP, was playing more like arsenal for the first few games of the season, 64% of possesion and drawin 1-1 or losing 2-1.

As for transfers i'm not sure what managers that sign who ever they can get for cheap who's good nomatter the age.

I'm a bit like Berti Vogts when he was Scotland boss. I use the same formation he did: 4-1-3-2 and have no problem using promising youngsters who will one day be the backbone of my team. It works for me. It worked for Scotland, too, although Vogts never got credit for it at the time (the Scotland team that almost shocked their way into Euro 08... originally tried and tested by Berti when they were uncapped kids).

John Barnes at Celtic.

This made me laugh, being a Caley fan!!!

We helped Celtic get rid of him, then they brought in O'Neill, who WAS a manager!

Anyway, I'd love to say I'm like my hero, Cloughie, but it's prob more like Sir Alex Ferguson. Why not though?

Even though I am an Arsenal fan in reality ... probably acting more like Alex Ferguson, due to the sending my Ass Man to do press conferences (as he does with the BBC) .. and the love of a good 'angry' half time hairdryer team talk. Also, I like to buy 1 or 2 bigish name players a season only, not loads of signings.

Although, I must have a little bit of Wenger in me as well, as I seem to be stockpiling kids.

This made me laugh, being a Caley fan!!!

We helped Celtic get rid of him, then they brought in O'Neill, who WAS a manager!

Anyway, I'd love to say I'm like my hero, Cloughie, but it's prob more like Sir Alex Ferguson. Why not though?

"Super Caley go ballistic, Celtic are atrocious".

Quiet possibly one of the best headlines on a paper I ever read !

Not being that knowledgable about the personalities of any but the most famous current managers, I don't know...

Prefer a defensive approach, but will attack when the opportunity presents. Heavy squad rotation. Generally quiet in the pressroom, but will occasionally "put on a show." Favors youth, with no patience for dissention in the locker room. Strict disciplinarian.

Who am I?

Valeriy Lobanovskiy. I sit on the bench watching my players with ever vigilant eyes. A man of few words, half the time say nothing at all during matches, but my players can feel the glare of my eyes upon them, knowing full well my intolerance for incompetence and acts of idiocy.

I would say i am Dick Advocaat, i give my players a rollicking if they aint performing well and demand that they win every game, it serves me well i am in 2018 and i have won the champs league 4 times, Serie A 4 times, 1 Premiership and 4 La liga titles, I go mental if i lose even if its to madrid or AC Milan or whatever. I also build a great backline i went 17 games in all competitions without conceding.

I love Advocaat

As an United fan I have say wenger lol. Always buy the youngsters, love a bargain. I will never spend big on a player unless i just sold big on a player. I also play short passing game with alot of goals!!

Same here on all counts...I feel so dirty.

After thought: On the teamtalk side i am a bit like Steve Mcclaren, i rarely ever criticise my players. Good God of all the two managers i could have picked to sub consciously emulate! I'm a ginger frenchman who uses accents to complain about referees whilst holding an umbrella.

David O'Leary. I do well with a decent budget but when the going gets tough, I'm out the door.

Also, I once bankrupted a club thanks to spending my entire transfer budget, not giving a toss about finances in general, then not winning anything. That Man City was on '08, though. I blamed the board, though, since they gave me the budget and messed up the overall spending.

Archived