I've seen some crazy appointments but this one is just a bit too much...

Originally posted by isuckatfm:

What's Solskjaer's reputation?

Currently "National". He does have a UEFA Cup trophy with Man Utd though - and in the last season - so maybe that might have helped him

Currently "National". He does have a UEFA Cup trophy with Man Utd though - and in the last season - so maybe that might have helped him

Do you still have a save game from that point and where there any other higher reputation managers available (not in jobs)?

National does seem a bit low to get that job but if you have a look at Morridin's excellent thread on reputation Solskjaer may have been helped by his scouting knowledge of England and English language so his National rep means National re England which might beat a 'Continental' Italian or Brazilian.

It makes sense under certain scenarios but real life comparisons show a flaw in the method assuming that's how it works. But you know what happens when you assume something icon_wink.gif

Originally posted by flea_market:

in my current game, they've (england's fa) chosen a manager who's only managed non-league sides for most of his career and they chose him over me... GRR....

That happens in mine too, although i wasn't applying. Its generally not even non-league managers who have done anything of note either!! They mostly have great management stats in their profile, very strange.

Originally posted by isuckatfm:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Currently "National". He does have a UEFA Cup trophy with Man Utd though - and in the last season - so maybe that might have helped him

Do you still have a save game from that point and where there any other higher reputation managers available (not in jobs)?

National does seem a bit low to get that job but if you have a look at Morridin's excellent thread on reputation Solskjaer may have been helped by his scouting knowledge of England and English language so his National rep means National re England which might beat a 'Continental' Italian or Brazilian.

It makes sense under certain scenarios but real life comparisons show a flaw in the method assuming that's how it works. But you know what happens when you assume something icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've played about nine months (I think) since the appointment, so I can't tell who was available then. I'll keep it in mind for when it happens next time.

Archived