Why is player naming not allowed?

I have only been a member on this forum for a few months but one thing I have never understood is why player naming isn't allowed in this forum?

Is there a simple answer? (eg people want to make up there own mind on players rather then being told certain things about certain players?)

I just wondered....

Cheers :thup:

I have only been a member on this forum for a few months but one thing I have never understood is why player naming isn't allowed in this forum?

Is there a simple answer? (eg people want to make up there own mind on players rather then being told certain things about certain players?)

I just wondered....

Cheers :thup:

It's not allowed on this forum because let's be honest it's a form of cheating i.e. Sign player X, 17yo FC from club Y for under £100K and he;ll score 30+ goals a season and be worth £25M in a couple years time.

A lot of people don't want to 'stumble' across player names in a general discussion.

ALSO

There is a specific forum for 'good players' etc.

Player Naming

Please don't name players in this forum. Alot of members frown upon player naming because they want to find players themselves. We have a forum dedicated to finding good players so please use that.

Some people dont want to spoil there game experience buy signing players based on other peoples recomendations. That is reason we have the GPTG. Equally so reading about how bad a player your just about to sign has been for someone else may influence their decisions to sign or otherwise.

It's not necissarly everyone who has a problem with this but SI and the mods have to try and keep the forums as fair as possilbe for all users.

You want to talk about good players, goto gptg, you wanna skin its the skinning forum, look for a challenge is CSE etc.

You want to have a reasoned debate about the game with fellow players then GD is your place.

I thought that would be the reason... :D.

I wouldn't be influenced by someone suggesting that a player was good/poor, but I suppose it could play in ones mind.

I tend to use regens anyway, so basically player naming wouldn't be an issue for me in this forum.

Feel free to lock thread.

Archived