Ivory Coast manager - No GK's in national pool.

have you actually done a player search? (your title only says in the national pool).

If not, start looking at your outfield players GK rating

I have, sorry poorly worded title. There are no Ivorian goalkeepers apart from some greyed out which I cannot access. If I quit as manager and just watch however then they have GK's in their squad.

Did you load all players from Ivory Coast at original game start?

I'm guessing not and this is the issue, so you are unable to manage simple because as you say there are insufficient GK's for you :(

No I didn't. I manage Manchester United and loaded England Italy and Spain, I just took the Ivory coast job part time as it became available just before the World Cup. Is there any way around my problem?

I'm about to start the world cup as Ivory coast manager but there are no keepers available to select. Can anyone help me correct this problem? Thankyou.

I have the same problem with Nigeria.

I loaded up a dozen or so leagues from various nations, Nigeria wasn't one, is Nigeria in the game?

Anyway couple seasons in, think just after the 2010 World Cup, half a dozen International vacancies at various levels appeared. I applied for them all and was offered the job as their manager, which I accepted.

Few weeks later I'm asked to choose my squad for the first qualifer for the African Nations Cup, some great players e.g.Mikel (Chelsea), Yakubu (Everton) BUT only one GK, the reserve at Wolves I think, Ikeme (sp?). He got injured long-term and I've had to resort to checking my outfield players for highest GK rating, think it's a 4!!!

I've heard the same GK 'bug'/issue mentioned in other threads too, usually in relation to African national sides, don't know if it's something that could be addressed in the next patch with a few lines of code, maybe just give you a 'greyed out GK' as a default if a national side doesn't have any GK to select?

I'm certainly not going to start every savegame loading all players from certain nations just incase I'm offered the national team job further down the line.

You should get a couple of greyed goalies in your squad before a match if you have none availble for selection... I don't think you even have to leave space in the squad, so you could have a squad of all outfield players and the greys will still appear (I have managed Senegal, but was lucky enough to have 2 goalies in the database)

You should get a couple of greyed goalies in your squad before a match if you have none availble for selection... I don't think you even have to leave space in the squad, so you could have a squad of all outfield players and the greys will still appear (I have managed Senegal, but was lucky enough to have 2 goalies in the database)

Doesn't happen mate.

I played an African Nations Cup Qualifier last night, and my one and only GK, was injured.

Had to compare the GK ratings of all my outfield players and play the AMR in goals. He had a rating of 4, I think.

Then got a really odd media comment/news item expressing disbelief that I was playing 'player x' in GK!!!!

I definitely played with grey goalies at times... the greys tended to do better than my 2nd choice goalie so if my 1st choice wasn't available I wouldn't select any goalies! Come to think about it, it might not have been FM09 :S

I definitely played with grey goalies at times... the greys tended to do better than my 2nd choice goalie so if my 1st choice wasn't available I wouldn't select any goalies! Come to think about it, it might not have been FM09 :S

What patch of FM2009 are u running?

I'm running the latest 9.0.2.

No I didn't. I manage Manchester United and loaded England Italy and Spain, I just took the Ivory coast job part time as it became available just before the World Cup. Is there any way around my problem?

I don't think so I'm afraid. Its advisable, unless running other countries leagues in full, to ensure all players from countries you may like to manage are loaded. Its a game start option. If you have loaded a small database only then you are stuck I'm afraid

For future, perhaps its worth a good examination of the squad before accepting the role? I'd probably resign and wait for a country to have a vacancy with more players

Good Luck

I have the same problem with Nigeria.

I loaded up a dozen or so leagues from various nations, Nigeria wasn't one, is Nigeria in the game?

No, it isn't. And where's Eneyma or whatever his name was? I thought he was Nigerian?

As a minimum, I always select to load all players from 1 team in each of the continents

Ah, but for me that leads to problems. If for example, you load up all of the players from say, Peru (random) then you'll quickly find European leagues are full of those players, when IRL the % of players who ever play outside of the Peruvian Domestic league is very small. Unfortunately, the only way around this is to literally load every league, which in turn slows down your game too much.

• Administrators

This is an issue we are aware of and looking into - for now if you have the intention of managing a particular country then load the leagues at the start of the game. Thanks for bringing it up.

Ah, but for me that leads to problems. If for example, you load up all of the players from say, Peru (random) then you'll quickly find European leagues are full of those players, when IRL the % of players who ever play outside of the Peruvian Domestic league is very small. Unfortunately, the only way around this is to literally load every league, which in turn slows down your game too much.

I've combatted that by loading all players from the top league of every nation. That way you get enough players from every nation but not too many. Game is currenty in 2015 and is speedy.

This is an issue we are aware of and looking into - for now if you have the intention of managing a particular country then load the leagues at the start of the game. Thanks for bringing it up.

How would you know,which country you'd like to manage from the start, where is the randomness?I think we need another solution,maybe the option to load up all the players from this country at the moment of accepting the job.

Use an editor ,best real time editor and give one of the players a lot of good GOALIE stats.This would work.I had to do it, when managing the IVC.

Archived