FC United Of Manchester

Have they ever made an impact on any of your games? I am six seasons in and was hoping they would be promoted to the Conference North but they haven't so far. I know I could put them up in the editor but would rather not, for the record Leigh Genesis are top of the Blue Square Premier with not long to go

Its basically just a waiting game to be honest matey. But i think it also has something to do with the rep of the teams below BNS/N.

I thought that to be honest. They don't seem to have that many players and they only got promoted into the league they are in the year before FM09 so I suppose that might have something to do with it

Guess you could try playing friendlies against them and offering gate receipt revenue...see if that might help them over a few seasons ??

That would only help if they played better than expected against you in the friendlies (e.g. they are expected to lose against you by 2 goals and they only lose 1 goal they get a small reputation boost; if they draw or win they would get a larger reputation boost; if they lose badly they would lose reputation). Reputation change from friendlies is only very small though, so it probably wouldn't make a lot of difference to being promoted to a playable league unless you play then every preseason for a number of years.

That would only help if they played better than expected against you in the friendlies (e.g. they are expected to lose against you by 2 goals and they only lose 1 goal they get a small reputation boost; if they draw or win they would get a larger reputation boost; if they lose badly they would lose reputation). Reputation change from friendlies is only very small though, so it probably wouldn't make a lot of difference to being promoted to a playable league unless you play then every preseason for a number of years.

In my save after 3 seasons they have been promoted to the Conference N/S.

If you desperately want a team to be promoted from a nonplayable league during a savegame, you could save and reload at the turn of the season until they are promoted, but this could take many attempts if they have low rep. Using a save game editor to increase their reputation would make them more likely to be promoted, but would also affect things like their expectations for the next season... therefore the best way of getting a team you want promoted without unbalancing the game is to lower the reputation of the other teams (except 6(?) teams that you want to be promoted) in the nonplayable league... these 6(?) teams will then be almost certainly promoted when you go past the season turn point and then you can restore the reputations of the other clubs.

Archived