La Liga Tiebreaker

Sorry guys, this is for FM2007, but I didn't know where else to post. Rules are that head to head is the first tiebreaker. I tied with Barca for first overall. I beat them 2-0 at home, and lost 4-3 on the road, so it was a split. I had a higher goal differential and more overall goals over the course of the season, and in just the 2 games against Barca. How come they got first and I got second?

Thanks!

As Ozzy38 says, there's likely something you've missed. Often with this kind of enquiry, it's a third team who have the same points. If so, the head to head against them also counts. If not, then best to post the table and the results against the pertinent teams.

i think either goals scored or games won comes before a head to head

I'm pretty certain that the first thing they look at in La Liga to split teams is the head to head rule, although it might be Champions League.

Wikipedia usually quite good for this type of thing BUT I'm at work and Wiki is blocked, can someone else check in there please?

I'm pretty certain that the first thing they look at in La Liga to split teams is the head to head rule, although it might be Champions League.

Wikipedia usually quite good for this type of thing BUT I'm at work and Wiki is blocked, can someone else check in there please?

Found this, I was starthing to doubt myself the more I thought about it, so I just googled La Liga rules:

"Teams are ranked by total points, with the highest-ranked club at the end of the season crowned champion. If points are equal between two or more clubs, head-to-head results usually determine their placement. The first tiebreaker used when two teams are even on points is the goal difference resulting from the two matches between the clubs in question. When more than two teams are tied, the points accumulated from the games between those teams are used to rank them, then goal difference if needed. If head-to-head results are not sufficient to separate teams, goal difference over the entire season, then total goals scored in the season may be used."

If your total head-to-head is 5-4 to Real, Real should be first. There must be something you've missed. Are you sure those are the scores?

Positive. There isn't a third team tied, it's just me and Barcelona. I tripled checked those scores. I know I just lost 4-3 because I needed that win to be in first place by myself towards the end of the season.

I was thinking of retiring from club competitions once I won the Champions League. I play West Ham in the finals. I won the Spanish Cup this year, and from what I can tell, I should have won La Liga as well, but the game isn't recognizing it. But for some reason it's bothering me that the game won't recognize me as winning another league crown (I've won the Danish and Italian crowns prior). Probably because I want the recognition of winning the treble. So I'm debating if I want to stick around for one more year to win it, at least so the game recognizes it.

Archived