What Are The Odds Of This?

Ok, so I'm AC Milan.

I'm, as you know, in the UEFA Cup.

I had to register players.

I have 3 GKs, so I registered 2, feeling that this would be adequate...

Unfortunately, GK1 sprained his wrist in training, and will just miss the game.

GK2 hurt himself playing for Austria, and will also just miss the game.

GK3 is inelligible.

I don't really mind, to be honest. It's only Standard Liége, and whatever the score is, I'm sure I can do well in the second round.

But have you ever been so... stupid to not register a player, and then see it come back to bite you? Either that, or you can just agree that I am, once again, very unlucky...

This happened to me when I was managing Italy in the World Cup, and it was an earlier version of FM when you could not call a new player if one got injured. I had Buffon so I only called 1 more goalie. Sure enough they both get injured in training right before the first game (!) and not sprained ankle injured, broken leg injured. So I played with a striker in goal and amazingly got to the first knockout round when Brazil figured out they could just shoot on goal and score. Never again have I gotten less than 3 goalies in any competition :)

This happened to me when I was managing Italy in the World Cup, and it was an earlier version of FM when you could not call a new player if one got injured. I had Buffon so I only called 1 more goalie. Sure enough they both get injured in training right before the first game (!) and not sprained ankle injured, broken leg injured. So I played with a striker in goal and amazingly got to the first knockout round when Brazil figured out they could just shoot on goal and score. Never again have I gotten less than 3 goalies in any competition :)

Damn those Brazillians.

So clever and witty. ;)

Can you not use a Youth GK for the World Cup?

That's what I'm doing for my UEFA Cup match... he's 16, so it'll be a good experience... ;D

EDIT: GK2 was scheduled to be out for a month, but returned after 2 weeks.

Terrible Physios.

LOL - unlucky 16 year old youth.

Just look at rl football.

In Germany's first division there have already been two clubs this season who needed to use their third or even fourth goalkeeper for a league match due to injuries.

3 GKs are a must for every squad, in every competition.

i rememeber a few years ago i accidentally only registered one keeper. by the time i had noticed this mistake i had played a few games without saving so thought i might get lucky... unfortuntly in the quater final my goalkeeper got injured against roma and in the 2nd leg................they didnt take any mercy. was devestated because i did have a very good team that season thinking i would do the treble.......lossed out on all 3 have never come close to the treble again.

Archived