Champions League registration: a forgotten rule?

Seems like SI forgot to include the rule that when you buy a player in january who has already played in another european competition which is however not the one you are playing in, you are still allowed to include him for your CL squad registration.

So if that was too difficult:

I play as Fiorentina and am about to play my CL 1/8 final. In january I have bought Palombo (who played only in Uefa Cup with Sampdoria) and Barzagli (who played with Wolfsburg in Uefa Cup). However on Feb 1st both of them are uneligible to include in my CL squad, though I should be able to register one of them.

Ah and nor Sampdoria either Wolfsburg have played in the CL qualification rounds that season. Only Uefa Cup, directly.

So using that rule, that's what Real Madrid IRL is doing with Huntelaar and Diarra, they have to decide which one to register as both of them have already played in Uefa Cup.

Has anybody more info if that's a bug?

Here's the rule btw:

"17.18

One player from the above quota of three who has played UEFA club competition matches for another competing club in the current season may exceptionally be registered, provided that the player has not been fielded:

− in the same competition for another club

− for another club that is currently in the same competition.

Furthermore, if the player’s new club is playing in the UEFA Cup, his former club must not have played in the UEFA Cup at any point in the current season"

The problem was not that they I had no place for them. In fact I could registrate other players who I didn't registrate in the summer (for injury reasons), everyone was ok (also Lucarelli who I bought and who didn't play any continental match), only those two were "Ine" and greyed out

The problem was not that they I had no place for them. In fact I could registrate other players who I didn't registrate in the summer (for injury reasons), everyone was ok (also Lucarelli who I bought and who didn't play any continental match), only those two were "Ine" and greyed out

That's the problem with the "Ine" box!!!

We know he's ineligible BUT sometimes we aren't certain why.

I was playing as Rangers, and John Fleck became "Ine" for no obvious reason, a bit of detective work and turned out it was something to do with the U-19 international Tournament taking place at the time, I think. He didn't have "Trv" or "Int" beside his name he had "Ine", so who knows?

There definately should be an explaination though as to why a player is "Ine".

Maybe it's just co-incidence it's the two players you bought, but unless someone from SI comes on and tell's us whether that 'rule' is written into the game we will never know for sure.

It would be interesting if someone from SI said that rule isn't in the game, so it isn't the reason they are "Ine", could it possibly be anything else.

Archived