Player values

Was trying to do a search as I know there has been discussions but I keep getting an php error when doing it.

Playing as Lincoln heading for my second season in the championship, 4th season in all. Due to financial reasons my team is pretty much a first team and then the backups are consisting of hot prospects and other cheap youngsters, sofar I have spent like 5k on transfers over 3 seasons.

So I have a lot of youngsters that my coaches and scouts rate rather high. Looking at the amount of clubs chasing them I would say I have a couple of potential gems in my ranks. My problem is that the players get valued very low by the game, for example I got a 20 year old goalkeeper that was playing pretty well last season, 35 games 46 conceeded and 9 clean sheets. Considering we finished 17th I think it was a good performance. The game values him to 110k but last offer I got I managed to negotiate up to a total worth of 2.2 millions. For some reason I feel like the game is undervaluing my players, many of them are wanted and chased by several clubs but still the game seem to value them at around 50k.

I think (please someone correct me if I'm wrong) that value is based on reputation more than CA or PA.

This leads to good young players being undervalued.

iirc that is true,

And reputation grows if you perform well with your club.

On the other hand,will a 20 year old GK, playing not even playing on the highest level, and finishing very low in the league be regarded a expensive player. Did he get any call ups to the U21 teams or so?

Yes he plays for Ireland's U21, not the greatest team of all times, but still a regular figure in their setup. Sofar this season he has 4 games played 2 goals conceeded.

According to scouts and coaches all my players are of good championship standard and for some reason I think a good championship player should be valued at more than 50k, which is a sum few of my players manage to break.

I did have the same problem with my King's Lynn squad.All the way up to the championship the players where (i feel) undervalued,but now just promoted to premiership the value of the players has gone up.

for example: my best player (e.g. highest value) valued in championship 150k valued in premiership 2.9m

so I think reputation is a great part of the value.

• 2 weeks later...

Now it is getting really funny. Finished 8th in the championship last season (prediction 24th) with my players worth 20k-150k, had 3 or 4 players just above 150k. This season we are predicted 15th and my players are still not worth any money, but the team is pretty much the same except I lost one of the players over 150k. The whole system is starting to look slightly confusing.

It is mixed, some are on longer contracts some on shorter. It still doesn't explain how a player with potential to be a decent league one player and crap attributes is worth more than twice the amount of Emmanuel Sarki, 3 examples below.

http://s25.photobucket.com/albums/c61/Mimland/FM09/?action=view&current=Damsted.jpg

http://s25.photobucket.com/albums/c61/Mimland/FM09/?action=view&current=Geddes.jpg

http://s25.photobucket.com/albums/c61/Mimland/FM09/?action=view&current=Townsend.jpg

It is mixed, some are on longer contracts some on shorter. It still doesn't explain how a player with potential to be a decent league one player and crap attributes is worth more than twice the amount of Emmanuel Sarki.

Contract expiry does play a big part though. If Sarki's contract is running out within a few months his value will drop sharply as he gets close to the expiry date.

He got about 20 months left on his contract. My top striker who only got 8 months left and has been injured the entire season is the only of my players that is worth any money, a whopping 1.2M. Then I got one player at 550k, 475k, 450k, 3 players at 220k-275k, 3 at 110-160 and the rest is below 100k.

This guys is worth 80k.

http://s25.photobucket.com/albums/c61/Mimland/FM09/?action=view&current=Basey.jpg

Biggest problem is that my players due to their low value is hot stuff on the market. I have set high asking prices on them to keep atleast some bids away, but I'm still getting loads of bids and it is disrupting the harmony.

I think there should be some balance between player quality and club reputation or they need to overhaul the reputation thing. Maybe split it in two long and shortterm reputation or something.

I think some younger players' transfer values may be higher because their salaries are so low. For example, it won't cost that much (in terms of transfer fee) to buy a veteran player player making a lot of money in salary, but you'll pay more week in and week out to make up for it. You won't pay much week in and week out for a youngster, but you'll probably have to pay more initially with the transfer fee.

Archived