Managing a Championship team !!!

Hi all, I am here today to ask for your advice...me and a frined (who has just recently bought the game) are going to start a new game with a championship team (not via internet..just comparing) and were wondering who was a good team to manager and who had a lot of money...we want to build new teams..any recemendation would be appriciated.

Cheers.

QPR have a decent amount of money. Reading also have a few quid and a decent team to start with. Interestingly, Blackpool and Watford are prime targets for takeovers and both have teams about the same level. Hope this helps!

I managed Wolves though, and now they are my 2nd team in real life!

Does any onr know what their transfer budgets are for winning promotion ?

That will vary on how well you predict you will do, bank balance and any number of things. As Wolves i got 6 mill in the first season, got promoted to prem and got 10 mill in the second.

But as i say earlier, the like os Blackpool and Watford may get tycoon takeovers.

i have gone swansea. they dont have a big budget i think its around a million but you could sell a couple of players to rise that amount by quite a bit. im having some good fortune with swansea.

if you want a big budget though i guess its probaly wolves,b'ham? and perhaps reading.

oh and cant forget the mega rich QPR

I manage burnleyy, i do support themm, butt you dont get much moneyy, just sell some players and use the funds, good signings who always come, Kevin Doyle, James McFadden, Liam Ridgewell, James Harper, and chek the free agents, Smertin is on theirr, hes quality for a few seasons ;)

i started with ipswich as you can get up to 6 or 7 mil as a starting budget and then bring in joe ledley to play on the left and elliot ward to play center back, both are available for a combined 3.5 mil approx. make sure you bring in two new centre backs as mcauley and naylor arent up to much, (ward and someone else) and ensure you have someone good to play alongside garvan in the centre of midfield, maybe if your not happy with lisbie and/or stead sell them and bring in someone to go up front like hulse?

• 2 months later...

my flatmate did it as reading, 4 seasons on the trot got to playoff final and lost!to me this was hilarious!he blamed it on having a 'regional' manager status, and bet me i couldnt do it. 1st season, and won the league with 6 games to go, and out of the 9m transfer busget i had, i still have 5m left!

if your starting with a championship team, choose reading. sign a couple of decent players, like joe mattock and michael morton to bolster the team, and your set. kevin doyle is immense also so for gods sake, dont sell him!

That will vary on how well you predict you will do, bank balance and any number of things. As Wolves i got 6 mill in the first season, got promoted to prem and got 10 mill in the second.

But as i say earlier, the like os Blackpool and Watford may get tycoon takeovers.

Blackpool did for me in my first season, An English tycoon called Roger Stanford, injecting millions into the team, just wish he was a real English tycoon who would really takeover Blackpool and inject the same ammount of cash he has with me =]

My housemate got Forest promoted to the Premier League in his second season (which, as a Red, I was quite happy about!) but after 'battling bravely against relegation' went down by a point on the last day of the season...still, good effort though :)

Archived