Destroy A Club You Hate

Many people speak about bringing clubs from low leagues to the top and into europe etc but does anyone try to destroy clubs by managing extremely badly, with the aim of changing most regular teams in the premiership or la liga etc

Just wondered if it was only me...

Nope, im not that bitter.

While as a Rangers fan i have no intention of ever wishing Celtic anything but bad luck... i dont feel the need to take out a petty vendeta against them in a game.

To me that speaks volumes about yourself rather than the team you dislike.

I agree, and am in the same situation(Rangers fan etc.).

I do enjoy playing them, and seeing them become a Division 1 team[Celtic, that is], would mean no competition, and no rivalries, except maybe in cups...

Boring.

;)

Many people speak about bringing clubs from low leagues to the top and into europe etc but does anyone try to destroy clubs by managing extremely badly, with the aim of changing most regular teams in the premiership or la liga etc

Just wondered if it was only me...

When I was younger, don't do it now as I'm too mature, I used to start a 'hotseat' game with two managers.

I would put myself as Rangers manager, and add a second manager at Celtic.

I would cause chaos and run them into the ground, whilst leading the Gers to the treble.

Never managed to last a full season though, the board always stepped in and sacked me for some reason!!!!

:confused:

Maybe I wasn't 'Celtic-minded' enough???

:rolleyes:

;)

well i have had the intention on doing this a few times years ago with everton or man u..........................but when i went them i just couldnt do it i just could loose i just dont have that mentality so even though its a fun thing to do for me i just couldnt bare to loose on purpose lol

i would destroy everton but there is nothing left to destroy. ;)

well apart from the pathetic chanting about gerrard's kid....:/

and they celebrated drawing against us like they had won the cup but hey, that's everton all over. ;)

Liverpool arent exactly setting the world alike are they and if I remember rightly it was like England had won the world cup when they beat Man U earlier in the season!

I did it to Forest as just a bit of fun. Last thing I did in my last game was resign as Derby manager, applied for the vacant Forest job and started by sacking all my staff costing the club... Well... A lot of money. It was the winter transfer window and so I sold every player that anyone was interested in... For nothing. Then proceeded to sack the rest of the playing staff. I ended up using a team of grays in a formation I call 0-0-0-5-5, most notably having a goalkeeper in it's center forward role. Anyhow, lost story short lost 50-0 and 47-0 and then proceeded to get sacked for demanding a larger transfer budget for the now £30 mil in debt Forest... A day after the window closed might I add.

Needless to say Forest went from being in a good position, to relegated in last position as they failed to sign anyone but pointless clubless frees.

Interesting, IRL i am a Norwich City fan and hope that Ipswich go bankrupt and disband MUHAHA

In the game i play as Kings Lynn and enjoy a healthy relationship with Norwich and the Bin men. And seem to lose all my real life amnosity.

This seems to focus on teams like Newcastle and Tottenham instead who are just dribbling about the glory days to much to accept that they are now a crap team. ( bit like Norwich really :) )

I dont hate the club, but i once made a point of selling all the scottish players from my rangers team,

I wont the scottish treble and got to a champions league semi final.

i was making a stand about the state of scottish football ... but no one cared, afterall it was only a game

and they celebrated drawing against us like they had won the cup but hey, that's everton all over. ;)

2 Draws in a week, away at a "title challengers" ground? I would be happy with that!

FYI i dont support Everton!

Even if I was Arsenal around the Pretend Invincibles* season I would still want to win.

*FYI I call the undefeated 03/04 Arsenal team the Pretend Invincibles. If Pires hadn't dived so horribly for the equalizer, they likely would've lost.

I seem to remember that there was a challenge about this kind of thing for FM08 in the Challenges Forum.

It was take one of the big 4 clubs in the EPL and see how many years it takes to make them drop below the BSN/BSN and therefore unplayable. You could take control of other clubs to buy the players etc. so it was pretty easy.

i got sick of man city buying all the good players for ridiculoous prices during transfer windows, so i played a hot seat game, one manager as man city, my proper manager as cheltenham. spent 95mil on cheltenhams reserve team and sold all man cities decent players for low prices and replaced them with non league youth players lol.

only did that once though. the game gets too easy when your in league 1 with 100 mil in the bank and you get promoted every season, winning fa cup when i was still in championship and won the euro cup on my first season in premier league!

but seriously wouldn try it, theres a limit to how entertaining it becomes

I met a fella (Ipswich supporter) who started every game with Norwich and until he got sacked, he signed the worst and older players possible with the longest contracts, sold for nothing the best players, kept all of them in maximum training regime and fined everyone crazily...when he got sacked, he applied for a random club...

I've tried something like this on FM07, without cheating, to try and ruin Arseanal. It was around 2025 and my Bromley team were now consistent Premiership and ECL challengers. The goons had an awful season and got relegated to the Championship, much to my delight. I decided to use this opportunity to buy their best players for cut down prices, in attempt to keep them down.

But it didn't matter, they just bought other players (although not quite as good) to replace the ones i bought. They stormed the Championship and solidified as a mid table Prem team the following season. But they never got back to being title challengers, so i think it worked to a degree. :D

FM 2005, after the summer transfer window had just closed, I took over Man United with a manager called "Bobo the Clown" and released the entire first and reserves teams on a free. Think I had to create Bobo three or four times because I kept getting sacked after releasing ten-odd players.

After completing my evil deed, I retired Bobo and let the AI take over and attempt to manage the club properly. Needless to say, they were relegated that season and spent I think only two seasons in the championship before securing a playoff promotion back to the premiership. However, they only managed to be a mid-table side from then on.

Such fond memories of that save ahh. :D

Some say to shoot people on games if your angry or kick a football as far as you can well i destroy many clubs instead. Its so nice to see the likes of arsenal or chelsea getting relegated :) and the likes of Hull in top 4 because of this :)

Liverpool arent exactly setting the world alike are they and if I remember rightly it was like England had won the world cup when they beat Man U earlier in the season!

actually if england won the world cup scousers would not care. taken from carra's book. 'most people remember '66 as the year england won the world cup. not here though. Everton won the fa cup and Shanks had won the league with liverpool and they were deemed more important than the world cup.' ;)

in games past ive took mansfield and forest as low as possible and in a ton of debt, i got such a warm feeling looking at the conference north and seeing them bottom with -200 and something goal difference :)

I think I must be the champion of this little game, because in FM08 I did it to Chelsea in one season. I didn't even manage them, just sold their best players (for actually decent fees) and bought english replacements because I was sick of so many foreigners in the league. (Xenophobic? Me?) Then I went on holiday and watched what happened.

Despite being in first place after about 10 games when I did this, by the end of the season they had dropped to rock-bottom with a record number of goals against (>120). I thought this was funny, and left it at that.

But five years later, they still hadn't recovered and had dropped to league one! Abramovich had sold out (to Kenyon, funnily enough) after relegation. Obviously, in real life he'd never do that... ;) Anyway, their crippling debts (once the parachute payments had dried up) led to yet another board takeover, then another. Three changes in 5 years, and they'd tried so many ex-legends as manager it was really, really amusing. They had Zola, Steve Clarke, even Dennis Wise had a crack at it! Fat Sam got the job, and I stopped looking at them, but they didn't come back up. Ever.

I did this at the same time as playing my own regular game, so it wasn't purely to sabotage Chelsea. Therefore, it was still an enjoyable game... the Chelsea collapse was just additional entertainment! :)

Oh, and the moral to Chelsea fans is: Watch out if Abramovich gives up.

actually if england won the world cup scousers would not care. taken from carra's book. 'most people remember '66 as the year england won the world cup. not here though. Everton won the fa cup and Shanks had won the league with liverpool and they were deemed more important than the world cup.' ;)

Its been such a long time since liverpool won the league though, maybe they should care about the world cup because england are more likely to win it again than them to win United's Prem title.

Woo English Quad here we come :):) unlucky west brom 5-0

I wonder if anyone could tell me what the most trophies a club has ever won in a season, hopefully this seasons 6 with win :)

My friend started a Liverpool save on my laptop then went home without exiting, so i sold gerrard, carra, reina, alonso and agger for free, brang in some random afc wimbledon player for a few million and rory delap for £25M.. I persisted with playing pennant in goal and his new signing owen lb in my new 4-4-2 all out attack with everyone 'position dot' red..

I got sacked after a month.. Most pointless hour of my life lol

I don't ruin a team that I am in the same league as but if I'm a lower league team I always give Liverpoo -£1billion and give Gerrard and Carragher 20 dirtyness and 1 sportsmanship etc. They usually go into administration then get relegated and come back up and yoyo up and down.

On my main Man United save I don't change Liverpool I just concentrate on beating them. But as it happened they went into administration anyway. Happy days.

Hmm, don't think I've ever tried it myself although I probably briefly took over clubs I couldn't beat when I was younger (and a bad loser!).

Wonder what the record is for shortest management stint? Might give it a whirl, see how quickly I can get myself sacked!

Interesting, IRL i am a Norwich City fan and hope that Ipswich go bankrupt and disband MUHAHA

In the game i play as Kings Lynn and enjoy a healthy relationship with Norwich and the Bin men. And seem to lose all my real life amnosity.

This seems to focus on teams like Newcastle and Tottenham instead who are just dribbling about the glory days to much to accept that they are now a crap team. ( bit like Norwich really :) )

Funny, seeing as you're the ones who are more likely to go bankrupt :D

Maybe they were celerbrating the fact they just threw a spanner in your title aspirations !!

There is no need for that on a FM forum.

Just so you know it was me who reported you.

I don't think he was saying it to be offesive, just telling people who didn't know it. Plus theres much worse chants, the dwight Yorke one that newcastle fans sing is horrific

I don't think he was saying it to be offesive, just telling people who didn't know it. Plus theres much worse chants, the dwight Yorke one that newcastle fans sing is horrific

I suppose now anyone who posts the words of the chant you mention will be doing the same then?

As will anyone who posts any other offensive chants e.g. Man Utd aircrash, anything about Posh Spice/Cheryl Cole, Graeme le Saux etc.

Maybe it's time for the mods to close this thread down before people recieve warnings for innocently trying to 'tell people who don't know' the exact words of these chants?

That chant is probably the least offensive chant I've ever heard or read in the history of football.

Honestly m8, u don't want to go down that road.

You, or I, might not be offended by it, or certain other chants, and there will be certain chants that 99% of ppl will agree are out of order but there's ahuge 'grey' area in the middle where it's very dangerous to tread and people end up with warnings/infractions against there name.

So probably best to just leave it.

Archived