Valencia Mestalla

Hi guys, I 've just started a new Valencia game, the sole purpose that I love having a "B Team" who play competitive football. In previous versions I'm sure you could move players between your A and B teams but now there seems to be some restrictions. I can't have anyone over 27 in the squad, which sucks because I love having my golden oldies see out their days helping the "B Teams" get good results (and so helping develop the youngsters.) Also I can't send anyone down to the "B Team" as it it states that their already registered to a higher teams so can't be moved.

What the actual rules on this? Can I do anything about it? Am I missing anything?

Thanks for your help

Hi guys, I 've just started a new Valencia game, the sole purpose that I love having a "B Team" who play competitive football. In previous versions I'm sure you could move players between your A and B teams but now there seems to be some restrictions. I can't have anyone over 27 in the squad, which sucks because I love having my golden oldies see out their days helping the "B Teams" get good results (and so helping develop the youngsters.) Also I can't send anyone down to the "B Team" as it it states that their already registered to a higher teams so can't be moved.

What the actual rules on this? Can I do anything about it? Am I missing anything?

Thanks for your help

Like yourself, and probably most people, on here I’ve played many seasons in La Liga over various versions of FM, and yes I think your right there was definitely more ‘freedom’ of movement between A & B teams in previous versions of the game. I used to regularly promote/demote players to and from my A/B teams, basically using them as a glorified reserve side with a place in the lower leagues, as opposed to English/Scottish reserve league football.

As for the proper rules IRL, I can only assume the current FM2009 version is the most realistic, they are pretty accurate in most things, particularly in the ‘bigger’ leagues.

Wikipedia might be able to help, I’m at work and can’t get into many sites or I would have had a wee look for you myself.

In FM09 you can choose to manage Valencia B (or any other B team) without controlling the the A team. This affects the other way as well, when you are managing Valencia A. You can recall players from the B team, but only 6 players can play for the A team which are registered for other teams (B, U19).

Only players in your A team which are not registered can be send back to the B team (the affiliate).

As far as I know these rules are the actual rules for the spanish B teams. Not sure why, but that's the way it is.

Archived