Returning Managers......

Just wondered if you've been at a club for a few years and won a few trophies along the way and generally been a good servant to that club if you then leave and manage someone else, either abroad or in the same country, do you get any media items regarding your return to your previous club if your drawn to play against them? I know if a player leaves you sometimes get a news item saying so and so returns to former club....

I've just left Arsenal after 3yrs because i fell out with the board (basically they were never happy despite achieving all that was required) and so i told the ungrateful men upstairs that i'm off across london to spend any money Abramovich has left. So just wondered if i could be in for some abuse when i take Chelski back to the Emirates??

Ta

Yeah but if this was implemented and you played in the same league as your old team it will get annoying constantly questioning yuou in the media about your return to the club.

We all know how irratating it was everytime a ex player played against you even if you sold him 8 seasons ago...

Yes it happened to me in a way. I left Inter to manage Arsenal, then we played them in the Champions League and the game noticed it was my former club and asked me in the press conference how I felt about returning to the Giuseppe Meazza. Nothing special or amazing though

Archived