regen nationalities

just wondering what influences regen/newgen nationalities, other than obviously where your club is located. i am playing as arsenal and i just got my intake of youth players for this off season: 8 are from england which is expected, 1 is from argentina, and finally 1 is from canada. now i know it isnt uncommon for a canadian player to play in england (owen hargreaves as a good example) but this kid has 6star potential which is by far the best of the whole group of youngsters. now since i am from canada i set my manager status as being canadian so im just wondering does this influence the fact that my top regen for this year is also from canada or is that completely random?

The nationalities of your backroom staff, of which you are a part of as well, affect the nationalities of your regens.

I might be wrong on this, but I think the scouting knowledge of your club has a part to play in this as well.

And congrats on the 6 star kid! :)

Just to confirm, the nationality of your regens seems to be influence by nationality of your backroom staff (including yourself), and the club's overall knowledge of the world. I also think there is a slight randomness to it so that sometimes you'll get a regen from an absurd country you have no relations to.

I should get all sorts of nationalities in that case...

Chairman and his cronies are all Canadian.

Im Scottish, as well as 7 other staff

1 dutch

1 Norwegian

1 German

6 English

2 Italians

1 Portugese

1 Welsh

4 Spanish

1 American

1 Aussie

1 Irish

My clubs regens: 19 Scottish, 5 English, 1 Spanish, 1 Portugese.

Rangers.

Candian tycoon took over at the end of the 1st season... he sacked Martain Bain (who also tried to take over the club) so i love him.

thats a funny concept...canadian tycoon :p all the rich canadians that i know of (jim balsillie as a good example) buy hockey teams heh

I've actually found the regens produced lack enough diversity.

The idea that Manchester United's regens would all be English is ridiculous, which always seems to happen in my games. I've tried to create coaching staffs of myriad nationalities and I never get that much variety. Tis a bit of a pity.

Archived