is there a team you like to help out?

right now i am playing as arsenal and i like to send some of my younger players on loan to an affiliate club and i was just wondering in your saves is there a team in lower divisions you like to specifically help out? on mine i have qpr and i know they are a rich team but i try to send all my top young players there and hopefully they might make it to the top flight and my players get good experience at the same time.

I have Carlisle as my affiliate club and they have been for a few yrs now. They are in the championship division and i send my top young guns there to gain experience but what will happen if they get promoted to the EPL?

Surely i won`t be their feeder club still?

If I'm playing as a big English club I usually ask for a feeder and end up with an SPL club like Aberdeen or Hearts. I love to send them one player from each key position - ST, midfielder, defence, (or sometimes a GK) - and see how well they do playing in a weaker top-flight. I once had a young striker (Saivet or Balotelli; I forget) score 42 goals on FM08 for Hearts, sending them second that season.

Two benefits: 1) confidence and experience for the kid, and 2) a nice warm feeling of helping out my fellow man - or line of computer code... whatever.

I have 6 feeder clubs (playing as Amkar in Russia) but 5 of them are so crap that my players don't want to go there :p and the 6th club (Anzhi in the Russian 1st Division) can only loan 5 players per season so I usually send my 5 hottest prospects there :D I'm considering trying to get a feeder in the 2nd Division as well...

I try and help all my feeder clubs, because if they play well (as well as get promoted/avoid relegation), it benefits you as well as the players play better and they develop faster.

Córdoba CF is the club I've largely been helping at the moment. I loaned them an AM C two seasons ago and it rescued his stagnating career as well as got them promotion. The next season he went back there and played well, although him plus an AM LC addition didn't save them from relegation. I've now got a D RL and the same AM LC on loan there and both are doing really well, Córdoba CF now in 6th (with 3 points separating 1st and 7th), both players playing important roles.

Then there's Reading. I've sent them the same AM C for the second consecutive year now, and he has like 4 goals 20 assists for them over both seasons. The problem is, the rest of the Reading squad is rubbish and they'll never get out of the Championship; but I have nobody to send them. But he's really, really good for them. I think his average rating for them last season was 7.31; now it's 7.17 but he's been injured quite a lot.

The other two smaller feeder clubs I have - Lecce and Cagliari - haven't had much fun with me. Lecce's squad is too good although they're in the Liga Alicante, but their manager (my former assistant) is hopeless (but never under any pressure, oddly) - currently 15th, expected to finish 6th, when in reality, they'd be mid-table Liga BBVA. Cagliari are the opposite - their squad is so bad, nobody wants to join.

I also have Empoli on my books, with me loaning out one or two players every now and then. Empoli are a good team (finished 4th last season), but none of my players seem to do well there.

Feeder clubs aside, I also have a mini-policy of not taking any of Manchester United's best players as they're my favourite team. Which is a bit of a shame, because they once had a near-perfect targetman, striker and attacking midfielder (Finishing, first-touch, heading, passing, technique, dribbling, composure, concentration, off the ball, positioning, creativity, decisions, jumping and strength all at least greater than 18!), and he would've made my squad invincible...

I also try not to help the clubs I dislike. I've turned down loan/transfer bids from the likes of Leeds, Manchester City, Liverpool and Chelsea without even looking at them. I've unfortunately been forced to send out one of my players to Leeds because the only teams willing to take him were Leeds and Liverpool. :(

My season-long loans to Swindon from Preston- after I'd gotten them to the Premier League- took Swindon from League Two to the Championship. They terminated the deal at that stage and promptly headed down to League Two again. That taught them for getting too big for their boots!

lil, if your feeder team gains promotion to the EPL, you will receive a message saying the link was terminated due to the feeder team's promotion to your league.

unfortunately, they were beaten in the play offs so i was not able to see this message but thanks for confirming this.

lil, if your feeder team gains promotion to the EPL, you will receive a message saying the link was terminated due to the feeder team's promotion to your league.

Not if your managing a "foriegn" team outside of the EPL it wont.

Im managing Rangers and i got Middlesborough as my feeder club about 4 seasons ago when they sat 15th in the Championship.

Sent 3 youth signings down to them and they actualy managed promotion via play offs... sitting in the EPL and they are still my feeder club.

eplfeederji6.jpg

w1486.png

Archived