Some help with player hire

Ive just recently bought the game and have some questions (sorry if this is not the right place where to put the question).

with under-18 players, is there any chance of you hiring them (considering they are not from the country). eg, a brazilian player for a spanish club? if not, why does barcelona for example have several players from foreign countries which are under 18 and not spanish citizens?

also, how can you improve you're own crop of players if your team cannot spend more than a measily 30k?

and, after playing an old version of the championship manager, i find i cannot do the same search for players as i did in that previous version. for example, when i used to lock in "andorran" under the player search, it would show all andorran players. does a similar feature exist still on FM09??

thank you for your help

Ive just recently bought the game and have some questions (sorry if this is not the right place where to put the question).

with under-18 players, is there any chance of you hiring them (considering they are not from the country). eg, a brazilian player for a spanish club? if not, why does barcelona for example have several players from foreign countries which are under 18 and not spanish citizens?

Not sure about all countries, but with the South Americans (Brazilians, Argentinians etc) where they are already playing for a team in South America they can't play abroad until they are 18. You can sign them but they won't come to you until the transfer window immediately after their 18th birthday.

With the players already in foreign teams (ie. Barcelona) I would imagine that this is where they signed their first professional terms, and hadn't previously played in their own country.

also, how can you improve you're own crop of players if your team cannot spend more than a measily 30k?

You have to look for bargains, there are plenty of good players available for very little or even free. Try looking in these threads i'm sure you'll find some gems:

Good free players - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=53212

Bargain buys - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=54831

Also look in the Official Forum Links Thread at the top of main page, as there are also some threads specific to divisions.

and, after playing an old version of the championship manager, i find i cannot do the same search for players as i did in that previous version. for example, when i used to lock in "andorran" under the player search, it would show all andorran players. does a similar feature exist still on FM09??

Unfortunately it doesn't quite work like that now. It all depends on how good your scouting network is, as to what players appear when you do a players search.

Hope this helps & enjoy your game :thup:

thank you for your help

you improve your team the same way as real clubs without any funds do.. byt steady progress... t

train the players you already have

pick up bargains and freebies where you can

use the youth coming through your ranks

improve finance so as to improve the quality of player you can buy

and yes there is a similar feature.. its in the 'player search'

look for the filter called 'nation' and you can choose all players from andorra or wherever you like..

Archived