Stadium Expanion questions:

Just a couple of quick questions.

First up, how do you actually get one? I'd assume that you just have to pester the board, fill the stadium every week and have Soloman's gold in the bank.

The next question is if the board will build a new one for Derby a mere 20 years after Pride Park was built? My stadium was expanded to 45,000 but apparently the counsil will never allow for more expansion...

yea same with my q.p.r team stadium got expanded to 25000 5 years ago and council is blocking permission. We are now one of the best teams in europe, fill our stadium week in week out and have multimillions in bank.

Yet NO new stadium!!!!!

I have this problem at old trafford in my save. But to combat this problem i had a little tinker with FMRTE and expanded the alloted expansion on my stadium to 125000 so now we can cram more people into old trafford.

On a different note, my board was involved in a takeover in May and the board installed a block on all transfers until the takeover is complete so i cannot sign any players until it has been resolved. I have over 350m pounds in the bank and it is now past the January transfer window and STILL not an outcome. This is really starting to spoil my game as i have alot of injuries to players PLUS i had my eye on a few young guns to sign to combat injuries but i cannot even sign loan players............Is this a bug or a very greedy chairman wanting more for the club?

I have this problem at old trafford in my save. But to combat this problem i had a little tinker with FMRTE and expanded the alloted expansion on my stadium to 125000 so now we can cram more people into old trafford.

On a different note, my board was involved in a takeover in May and the board installed a block on all transfers until the takeover is complete so i cannot sign any players until it has been resolved. I have over 350m pounds in the bank and it is now past the January transfer window and STILL not an outcome. This is really starting to spoil my game as i have alot of injuries to players PLUS i had my eye on a few young guns to sign to combat injuries but i cannot even sign loan players............Is this a bug or a very greedy chairman wanting more for the club?

You can't make transfers until it's complete.

How much would you think I'd need for a new stadium to top my 45,000 capacity Pride Park?

IMO there needs to be a board room request where by you can ask the board to start looking at investing in a new stadium. I desperately need one with bristol rovers in the premiership. I have a 18,500 stadium, 60 million in the bank and no new stadium, or any sign of one coming soon. If i didn't win the premiership and champions league last year i would be 60 million in debt.

How much money would that cost? A couple hundred million?

Going by current affairs, the cost of Liverpool's proposed new stadium rose from £300m to £450m and that was due to be 60,000 with room for expansion.

So depending on the creativeness of the architects :p you could be looking at those kinds of figures.

I agree that we need an option to request a new stadium. I am Pompey and just won the league and CL. My board have just decided to build me a new stadium which I was delighted with, until they told me the capacity, 26000!!

That means that Championship teams have a bigger stadium that the CL winners. It also has nothing to do with bank balance, I have over £200m in the bank.

I agree that we need an option to request a new stadium. I am Pompey and just won the league and CL. My board have just decided to build me a new stadium which I was delighted with, until they told me the capacity, 26000!!

That means that Championship teams have a bigger stadium that the CL winners. It also has nothing to do with bank balance, I have over £200m in the bank.

Big stadiums can often cost more than £400m, so £200m may not be enough to build big but the board obviously feel they can't wait any longer.

What I will say though is that 26,000 capacity does still seem a little small. I'd imagine with £200m, you'd at least be able to build a 35,000 capacity stadium.

Out of interest, what is Pompey's current capacity at Fratton Park? It can't be much less than 26,000 surely?

Archived