Attending matches

Just wondering if anyone else watches matches themselves of players that you might be intersted in signing?

As I dont have a scout for my Braintree side I often attend games that my shortlisted players are playing in.

I also attend England games, and especially the World Cup games.

Gotta love those England Germany shootouts:D

Makes my laugh though when the media says that " The Braintree Town manager was spotted in the stands" :eek:

When I was managing Argentina, I watched the U-23 squad play, so I could bring players in to my first team who I thought were showing potential. I sometimes watch the Champions League final if I'm not in them.

I usually go see the English home games. After the match, the comments I get is that I'm an English Patriot :D

I am playing as a manager with French/Mexican dual nationality and I attended the 2010 World Cup opening match between Italy and Egypt, which provided great viewing by the way.

After the match, the media reported something along the lines of them trying to come up with a reason as to why I was there and some cynics among them suggested that I was making use of the FA's generous travel allowance or something similar to that.

What? :confused: I am not managing any international side so I would not receive any allowance from any FA. And it is the World Cup and its opening match? Is that not reason enough? :)

Archived