FM 09 Shortcut

I downloaded FM 09 with Steam but because I play in windowed mode I made a new shortcut through fm.exe which just opens FM 09 up straight away without having to launch through Steam. But I was just wondering, with the new patch coming out in a few weeks, and with Steam automatically updating patches of FM, will the patches be on FM with my shortcut or will I have to launch FM 09 through Steam?

I downloaded FM 09 with Steam but because I play in windowed mode I made a new shortcut through fm.exe which just opens FM 09 up straight away without having to launch through Steam. But I was just wondering, with the new patch coming out in a few weeks, and with Steam automatically updating patches of FM, will the patches be on FM with my shortcut or will I have to launch FM 09 through Steam?

I've a feeling you'll have to load through steam, i think i had to with the last patch.

If a patch 9.3.0 is released and you want to install it, then yes you would have to start Steam up and let it download the patch and install it for you.

If you would rather stay on 9.1.0/9.2.0 as some other people do, then keep using your desktop shortcut to access the game and never load the game from Steam.

• 1 month later...

You need to reinstall the game to go back to a previous patch. Remember though games played on the 9.3 version will not work on previous versions.

To the OP, you have to launch steam to get the patch but once you have the patch you can continue using your shortcut.

Archived