anyone else frustrated with crossing?

Most of the goals i concede come mainly through crossing, it's becoming a huge pain. Closing down and showing onto the wrong foot seems to help but it's still too easy to score from crosses, possibly my most successful seasons (relative to the standard of my players) was achieved through one dimensional run and cross winger play.

Also trying to get your wide players to do anything but run and cross takes awhile to figure out and even then wing play leaves alot to be desired. I'm not asking for the game to be more accessable just that there should be a greater depth in the manner of controlling each players movements. Not just dribble and crossing sliders.

what are peoples thoughts on this?

Defending wingers seems a lot harder than it should be. Full-backs refuse to close down, usually get caught out by balls over the top and when a winger crosses, the opposite fullback seems to take up the spot of a central defender, leaving a tap in at the far post. I've lost count of how many times I've conceded a goal where one winger crosses and the other waltzes in and taps it home.

i agree, i would like to tell my wingers to cut inside by 18 yard box and have a go, as some wingers i sign have good long shots, and also telling your wingers to hold the ball by the corner flags, when you are trying to play out the last few mins of a game, orgettingthem to cut inside by the byline,( runningto front post) and pulling the ball bag to the penalty area.

Yeah, that thing where your fullback doesn't follow the opposing player into the far post is infuriating.

Also, it is very annoying trying to get wingers to go the byline and pull the ball back across the box. they really need to change the whole approach of feeding your players instructions, even if it does create technical issues and potential exploitations. The series isnt going to get much better otherwise.

Archived