Steam acting weird

I didn't know where to put this. It's hardly a bug, more me being thick I assume.

I installed Steam without problems. Started it up and it looked fine. Then it began. It gave me some kinda notice about a CD-key I had to write when I was playing (to add another player I gathered, didn't really make sense to me). But I when I chose an alternative that said something along the lines of "copy to board", then suddenly this box appeared in-game down in the right corner. It says exactly the same, but now I can't get the box to disappear, which leads to me sitting in-game without being able to see the right corner properly.

Anyone got any experience when it comes to this?

I'll try to get a picture of it. EDIT: Here is a picture, you can see it down right. It's like that all the time! fmbugrq2.th.jpg

Cheers

Nah I'm already running FM in windowed mode, and it doesn't change anything. The game is still shaded by steam.

Why oh why did you did you enter a partnership with this **** **** **** crap ***** horrible useless ****in software

If your purchased a boxed copy you could always uninstall and reinstall using Uniloc instead of Steam.

Yeah I've got a boxed copy so will try the Uniloc install.

I've tried to save it and re-load, but it simply doesn't go away. Oh well I've gotta re-install I guess.

FWIW the introduction of steam made me and thousand others quit cs. Why did you even enter parthership with these clowns. Not that you can answer or I'm expecting one, but jesus christ steam is god damn horrible.

You know you can turn it off in steam or run the game without running steam.

To run the game without steam go into \Steam\steamapps\common\football manager 2009 and drag a shortcut to the desktop and start the game from there then you don't have to run steam at all.

To make the box go away go to archive preferences or settings or whatever it is called in your language click the tab that says ingame and untick the box that is about steam community in game. Sorry for the weird explanation but my steam is in swedish and I'm not sure what it is called in english or other languages.

To make the box go away go to archive preferences or settings or whatever it is called in your language click the tab that says ingame and untick the box that is about steam community in game. Sorry for the weird explanation but my steam is in swedish and I'm not sure what it is called in english or other languages.

Pretty much hit it spot-on for the English interface as well. :)

As what mimland said, to get rid of the Steam Community In-game overlay, open up Steam and click on "View" at the top of the interface, then click on "Settings", navigate to the "In-game" tab, and uncheck the "Enable Steam Community In-game" option.

No more pop-up box at the bottom right-hand corner for FM or any other Steam-purchased games you might own in the future. :)

Archived